Is there a Wii home repair game?

apsham

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seatbelts save you from going flying around the car in the event of an accident.

The Wii-Strap is to save your Wiimote from going flying around the room in the event it slips out.

If *strap* breaks, then *manufacturer* is in deep shit and liable for any and all damages to the thing that went flying as well as any damage said airborne thing caused while flying about. Hell, if you strapped your Wii in with a seatbelt and it snapped, smashing the windshield, they'd have to replace the windshield too because their failed part led to damage to other parts that would not have been damaged had their part not failed in the first place.

One is a matter of life and death the other is a toy.

If you're going to claim the equipment failed and that's the only reason these damages happened, you have to provide evidence. It would be one thing if the console just mysteriously stopped working, there's no external damage and it hasn't been opened. But for someone to simply not be holding onto something properly, it's very easy to take a knife to a strap and cut it.

I've seen a video of these supposed 'malfunctions', and if the video is any indication, these problems seem to stem from the fact that people are fucking stupid. If you're playing a baseball game, and you have to throw a pitch in the game, you're not supposed to act like you're really trying to throw a real baseball really fucking fast.

I don't really care if any of you "wouldn't ever have it happen to them" or have "never had it happen to them" or "think that people are being stupid with it" either way, the fact of the matter presented in the article is that the strap isn't strong enough, and is breaking. This is happening to a lot of people, whether they be stupid or not. An accident can happen to anyone, and if there's something put in place to make sure no damage comes because of it, well it better work and if not... it's not fulfilling what it's been made to do. So you fix it, that's the bottom line. It's not like everybody with these problems are those who got together and decided to scam Nintendo out of money.

I can't see how the problem is going to be anything other than a fucking retarded user. I'm willing to bet people are far too careless because there IS a strap, and of course, the strap can't protect from everything.

This is happening to a lot of people, whether they be stupid or not.

I would like to see some actual numbers. Phrases like "as the volume of fractured straps grows" isn't exactly telling me anything. It's very easy for things like this to get blown out of proportion when you create websites like wiihaveaproblem.com. Take a look at that page, how many broken strap stories are there? Ten. How many Wiis have been sold? 400,000? Now of course not every broken strap story is going to wind up there, but I think we're looking at something that's not that big of an issue. Posting pictures of broken TVs makes for a good story... it also helps you not look like as much of an idiot because you chucked your controller at it.

While Nintendo should replace the strap, there comes a point though where Nintendo shouldn't be held liable for actions afterwards. The strap breaks, OK fine Nintendo should pay. The strap breaks and the remote falls on the ground potentially ruining it? Possible argument that the remote should be replaced as well. Strap breaks, remote goes flying into a TV? I would believe that would be the line to cross at this point.

There has to be a line otherwise a butterly-like effect could be traced all the way back to Nintendo.

http://www.wiidamage.com/2006/12/05/tv-ske...remote/#more-33

From the comments:

Swear on my life the Wii remote made the hole. We pulled it at first, then replaced it to take the photos a day after. The crack was made by the wiimote slamming into the TV hard enough to punch a hole… The plastic appears to be thin and brittle, ever thrown a TV? It shatters! Ever thrown a Wiimote at a TV? It punches a hole…

Edited by ApSham

http://www.wiidamage.com/2006/12/05/tv-ske...remote/#more-33

From the comments:

Swear on my life the Wii remote made the hole. We pulled it at first, then replaced it to take the photos a day after. The crack was made by the wiimote slamming into the TV hard enough to punch a hole… The plastic appears to be thin and brittle, ever thrown a TV? It shatters! Ever thrown a Wiimote at a TV? It punches a hole…

It says right there that they staged the photo. Like I said, it's certainly possible that it busted the TV. It's just plastic and it's an older television, but there's no way it was going to stick in there like a knife.

So? It still did the damage. He also refers to pulling it out to finish playing in there too.

Perhaps you should read my original post about it, you know, the one I made two minutes ago:

That has to be faked. Even if the controller made that hole, they stuck the remote in it for the picture. It's a piece of plastic, not a fucking ninja star.