K-Fed Fails

Mr Evil Guy

Jon Stewart goes out every night and manages to stay funny. Why can't Leno come up with even one funny joke in ten years?

Because Jon Stewart's on cable and has a certain demographic to appeal to, as does Leno. Remember, Leno is on network TV and is appealing to people ages 25-54 while Stewart is aiming for 18-34. Leno has certain advertisers and restrictions he needs to answer to while Stewart is on Comedy Central. Not to mention, Leno has had plenty of funny jokes, just because you don't find it funny, doesn't mean lots of other people don't. Personally, I like Leno, he catches a lot of shit from people, but he's still way funnier than Letterman has been in the last ten years.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leno strikes paydirt by being the only new late night show tonight. He'll be first to get in his KFed jokes.

And, like always, his will be the least funny at the end of it all.

Oh, oh you know, it is so fashionable to take a shot at Jay Leno. The fact is the man's out there every bloody night, with fresh material, and he's charming.

Jon Stewart goes out every night and manages to stay funny. Why can't Leno come up with even one funny joke in ten years?

Daily Show is only four night a week, isn't it? I don't know the schedule that well. And saying Leno hasn't had one funny joke is ignorant as it gets.

Meh, maybe he has since I stopped watching. I got sick of his routine of *Tell joke* (Nobody Laughs, so he assumes nobody heard it) *Tell same joke louder* (No response - assumes they didn't get it) *Tells joke again slowly* (Gets pity laugh and is satisfied.)

Uh... I've been watching Leno pretty regularly for well over a decade and he's never done that. When Leno's jokes bomb, he admits it and then rejects what he calls "mercy applause."

Bwahahaha, 6000 COPIES OPENING WEEK. That's with a major label promotional budget, a marriage to Britney Spears and a guest appearance from one of the best selling artists of all time. Didn't Macho Man sell better than this?

I dunno, they say all publicity is good publicity, but I dunno, a couple million people watched Britney and Kevin: Chaotic, and millions read those tabloids, but for only 6,000 people to buy his record? That percentage is insanely low.

DIVORCE'D. I bet Britney wanted him to make his own kind of money. Then once he failed and she realized that he's an even bigger hick then she ever expected she filed for divorce.

Also, Leno never does the repeated joke thing. He usually says something like "Well that joke blowed."(not in those words, but something along those lines) and they laugh to that.