Daddy, why did the bad man ruin cartoons?

apsham

That's supposed to be "LOOSELY" based off the Looney Tunes. It looks awful. Thank god it doesn't air on television here.

Edit: Another awesome show I remember watching as a kid was ReBoot. Shortlived, but pure genius.

Edited by Rashid

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freakazoid was the greatest cartoon ever produced, it has a higher laugh to episode ratio then Simpsons or Family Guy ever did for me.

And with such villians as Candlejack you ca-

Western Cartoons died when the 80s finished.

Except Ren and Stimpy and Johnny Bravo which were both excellence.

The best old cartoons always had an side at the end where there would be a morale for the episode. Brilliance.

I pity those who missed most of or all of the 80s.

The high point of Johnny Bravo was the episodes with Donny Osmond playing an exaggerated version of himself. Nothing else ever came close to being that good.

EDIT: Also, it may be because it didn't age well, but I hate American cartoons in the 80s. They all come off as toy commercials. Whereas in the 90s there were a lot of those but there were also shows like Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, and so on that were just there to be awesome cartoons.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

EDIT: Also, it may be because it didn't age well, but I hate American cartoons in the 80s. They all come off as toy commercials.

Yeah, but that's what made the awesome!

You have GI Joe, C.O.P.S., Ghostbusters, Transformers, MASK etc, each with identifable good guys and bad guys.

With the GI Joes, you could see what they were trying to do on the show, then make it so that God forbid, Cobra Commander's plan ACTUALLY works.

And on another note...who didn't use the GI Joes as pro wrestlers? I know I did. Gung Ho used the Razor's Edge :shifty:

I still like the classic cartoons from Hanna-Barbera, Looney Tunes and Disney. Like Scooby Doo, Wacky Races, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Aladdin, Lion King. Those were great, great kids shows. It's just the problem being a kid, is having to wake up on Saturday mornings at like 7-9am to watch them. If you had cable/satellite, you'd be great. I remember The Disney Channel kicking ass in 1998 and 1999. And they'd always have a good film at 9pm. Those were the days...

As well as tons of other stuff like TMNT. Ghostbusters. Mighty Max. Mario Bros. Sonic The Hedgehog. Earthworm Jim. So many. Even Pokemon. And I like One Piece. Whenever there's nothing on I can almost always find a good cartoon on one of the numerous cartoon channels.

And that Loonatics thing looks cool. It's supposed to be the descendants of the main Looney Tune characters, way in the future. I think they look badass. (0_o) Maybe I'm just easy to please.

You know what IS ruining cartoon channels? All of these faggy teenage soap operas. There's one that's like Neighbours/Home & Away, but it's based around young teenagers. And Life With Derek, which sucks in general. Hangin' With Mr. Cooper is being shown as if it's a brand new show, when looking at it, it seems like it was made maybe even BEFORE Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. That's some seriously shitty 90's crap.

That being said, the new X-Men and Pokemon cartoons are pretty good. And Samurai Jack is the greatest cartoon of ALL TIME.</hyperbole>

I like the classics but I don't have any problems with the 1997-2001 era stuff Cartoon Network Studios produced.

And Ed, Edd n Eddy.

I like the classics but I don't have any problems with the 1997-2001 era stuff Cartoon Network Studios produced.

And Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy WAS part of that era.

I know. I was referring to the last part about Cartoon Network Studios - I'm pretty sure they didn't produce Ed, Edd n Eddy.

I know. I was referring to the last part about Cartoon Network Studios - I'm pretty sure they didn't produce Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Oh. Yeah, you're right, it was a.k.a. cartoon.

I can't explain why I like it, though, it's pretty stupid - but I was in 7th grade around the time those cartoons started coming out.

.. I guess that explains it >_>. I just remember being in band class last hour in 7th grade and me and my friends would always talk about Ed, Edd N Eddy.