What music are you listening to?

Benji

Still just about doing the one album a week thing. Last ones have been Grayscale (seeing them support As It Is soon), had a cheat week and listened to Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (not new for me), and most recently the newest All Time Low record - which is rather good. Added bonus was When I Found You by Amber Pacific. Decent couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love this album. Takes me right back to the 90's when I used to borrow my older brothers cassettes without his permission.

I didn't get any tangled in the stereo, honest. 

uglykidjoe.JPG

I have just found out they are touring and playing the album in April. :wub:

Although I have no-one to go with. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

what is everyones favourite song about a man working on building boats on the thames but then he runs out of nails so satan arrives and gives him new nails in exchange for his soul but also a rat that torments the man and the rat is a servant of satan and the man goes mad and eventually satan commands the rat and his rat friends to kill the man?

Mine is Chip, by the Real McKenzies

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:29, Benji said:

Heard it before today but never knew what the song was...

There's also Elton Motello's "Jet Boy, Jet Girl", which I always assumed was an English language pseudo-cover of this, but was actually just a record label getting a different artist to record English vocals over the exact same backing track.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Japanicode said:

Is the rest of the album as good as the two lead singles? Manics have always passed me by but the two songs they've been giving airplay to on Radio 2 are both really good.

Yes it is. Hold Me Like A Heaven, A Song For The Sadness, and Sequels Of Forgotten Wars are particularly good. It's a bit of an odd album for them in how the best tracks are near the end of the album.

• Like 1