The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Blues/Soufamtan/West Ham treble is nice odds.

Did that.

I have placed three bets in my lifetime now! I think I will bet more often. Just a couple of quid or so. It makes me care about the result and get into the game a lot more, which barely ever happens nowadays. But seeing as I'm doing it for fun rather than money I'm going to avoid silly bets like first goalscorer or number of corners and just pick a winner.

Blues/Soufamtan/West Ham treble is nice odds.

Did that.

I have placed three bets in my lifetime now! I think I will bet more often. Just a couple of quid or so. It makes me care about the result and get into the game a lot more, which barely ever happens nowadays. But seeing as I'm doing it for fun rather than money I'm going to avoid silly bets like first goalscorer or number of corners and just pick a winner.

I do that. I don't like correct scores and first scorer. I don't mind to score in 90 minutes and likely stuff. I also don't ever bet for a draw.

Yeah, I do trebles through to six-folds. Never bet on a draw, never bet on scorecast, correct score or first goalscorer.

There is a reason they promote certain bets, you know......

Similar for me, though I will put a back pocket quid on a first scorer and correct score at Newcastle home games. Still never won but it'll happen one day.

Got a quid on Bayern/Reading/Crawley tonight.

Edit: Just did a score check, Crawley looks on...

Edited by Colly

I've found picking a handful of tight games and putting a couple of trebles on them being draws tends to be quite profitable. Even the tight games you tend to get odds of 5/2ish for the draw, so you're looking at 40/1 odds for a treble. Wouldn't go for any more than that though.

Yeah, I do trebles through to six-folds. Never bet on a draw, never bet on scorecast, correct score or first goalscorer.

Similar for me, though I will put a back pocket quid on a first scorer and correct score at Newcastle home games. Still never won but it'll happen one day.

They only ever promote bets that, on %, earn them the best money.

That is also why they market the FOBT machines so highly.

EDIT: Actually, the small trebles on drawn games isn't a bad bet either. Small stakes, decent odds.

Edit: Just did a score check, Crawley looks on...

Yay! Added bonus, West Ham probably in playoffs. Lol Fat Sam.

Sorry Summ, honestly didn't think we'd get anything out of it. Also agree on what was said earlier about scores - I've lost my two best on predicting scores, might stick to betting on winners - accy's and such. Though I only ever bet a £1 really, so it's only a bit of fun for me.

Bloody Bayern Munich. I looked as well and figured that Reading and Shrewsbury were likely to win so I should go for a risk and put a bet on with them two and each of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. That way I would have been guaranteed profit unless the CL match was a draw. Silly really. That's £100 lost in the past few days - and I was sitting on ~£350 profit after the Grand National. Far too easy to lose.

Serves me right for betting on Persepolis v Al Gaharaf in the Asian Champions League though. I was sure Persepolis -1 was the way to go as well :shifty:

It serves me right to be honest, and had Al Gharafa not had to replaced the might Aruna Dindane after 14 minutes it could have been much, much worse. Similarly Diego Tardelli only got 15 minutes at the end of the match - it could have been a cricket score if them two played up front together for 90 minutes.

Given your recent high losses (by comparison to the EWB cheeky pound crew) and the fact you're betting and losing on the Asian Champions League it might be time to admit you have a problem, before you go all Keith Gillespie...

Pssh, I won last night on Bayern winning 2-1 at 8/1. Shame Robben didn't notch the first though on my 45/1 scorer and result.

Bloody Bayern Munich. I looked as well and figured that Reading and Shrewsbury were likely to win so I should go for a risk and put a bet on with them two and each of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. That way I would have been guaranteed profit unless the CL match was a draw. Silly really. That's £100 lost in the past few days - and I was sitting on ~£350 profit after the Grand National. Far too easy to lose.

Serves me right for betting on Persepolis v Al Gaharaf in the Asian Champions League though. I was sure Persepolis -1 was the way to go as well :shifty:

I'm confused, Bayern won, so surely you did?

Also, people betting against Bayern? Always had them down to win that, not sure about the second leg although I'd love them to knock Madrid out.