The Sports Betting thread

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

Eww, shocking couple of days for me.

Stoke to beat Wigan - LOST

Spurs -1 against Swansea - LOST

Charlton -1 against Leyton Orient - LOST

Adrian Lewis -2.5 against Hamilton - WON

Finally got something out of it with the darts but ew, what a streak.

Prospect Wells, 2:35 @ Sandown, 13/8 - LOST

Francois Zoko first goal scorer, Carlisle v Leyton Orient, 5/1 - WON

Real Madrid -3, vs. Getafe, 13/10 - WON

Currently on over 2.5 goals in Malaga v Atletico Madrid but will still be in profit if I lose it, but I don't want to obviously. Think it's a good shout but Atletico Madrid always scare me because I never know what I'm getting from them.

I was going to do an acca today, mainly based off the fact that Swansea were ridiculously good odds of 8/5. That would've boosted anything by quite a bit. No doubt I'd have been too greedy and try to add one or two too many teams to it. Brighton, for example, probably would have gone on.

Over 2.5 goals in Man City/Man Utd and over 3.5 goals in Espanyol/Barcelona @ approx 3/1 -

Only bet of the day so far, may stick something on Villareal/Valencia or Betis/Sporting later but will see how the Utd/City part of the bet goes first.

Clearly on one this weekend. After my £60 yesterday I forgot I also stuck a quid on a load of games over the two days, so if Chelsea and Celtic stay ahead I've got a win off them, Everton, Sheff Utd, Spurs, Hearts, Motherwell, Real, Deportivo, Inter, Milan and Rangers. No idea how much its going to win me, presumably nowt daft, though I'm fully expecting Portsmouth to ruin it for me...

Put a quick fiver of yestys winnings on for a £20 return if Barca and Benfica win later too, clearly I've had a lucky baby.

Edit: Celtic now two up. Come on Chelsea!

Edit 2: woo, a tenner.

Edited by Colly

Over 2.5 goals in Man City/Man Utd and over 3.5 goals in Espanyol/Barcelona @ approx 3/1 -

Only bet of the day so far, may stick something on Villareal/Valencia or Betis/Sporting later but will see how the Utd/City part of the bet goes first.

Going to be a loss. Barcelona are 1-0 up and not even bothering any more, they don't seem interested in running the score up like they used to. I know they usually struggle with Espanyol, and it's not usually the score fest they do and I know they don't normally win as much away as they do at home but still.. 1-0 and they look to have shut up shop.

Annoying thing is Espanyol had a great chance early on stopped by Valdes. If they'd gone 1-0 up then Barca may have retaliated in a different way, but there you have it.

Oh Dear Matt, did you have all four of them on? :(

I had an absolutely terrible Lucky 15 yesterday on the horses, it was anything but lucky - but what do you expect when it's Friday 13? £22.50 down the drain on that one.

Thinking of what to have on today, had a look around at fixtures but can't get the odds just yet. I've been told Derbt at home to Coventry aren't too bad odds given the difference in form between them, so I may have a look at that.

May just see if I can double a little bit of money and play with that on La Liga. Although I'm not doing anything to do so a little money on while watching Soccer Saturday may be a good way of livening things up.

I'm about £70 odd in profit at the minute, which is all well and good but I like betting but with holidays coming up I don't want to put more money into my account as I'd rather keep that for spending money. But if I could make some for my holidays that will be good. If I lose all my profit I'll maybe call it quits for a while. Considering my holiday in March is a trip to Benidorm to bet on the Gold Cup weekend, we'll see how I'm doing but I don't wanna spend too much money when I'm not making enough back.

Being more selective and thinking things through may be worth a bit more of my time, doing a bit of revision.

Decoy @ Kempton 2:50 - 13/2 - LOST

Neptune Equester 3:40 - 7/1 - LOST

Derby & Cheltenham to win (approx 3/1) - WIN

Real Madrid -1 - LOST

1 win and a 3 losses but I'm still up for the day, just. And that 'just' means I shall abstain from Valencia at 9pm and just enjoy watching the match without any need to gamble on it. Tomorrow is a new day with more enticing football on, so I will wait for then.

Edited by IAceI