The 2006/2007 TV Season Thus Far

TGC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do all great shows with Jeffrey Tambour have to fail, ugh! Go watch another fucking reality show assfaces.

As for 30 Rock, take out Alec Baldwin and Kenneth the page and that show sucks ass. Tina Fey cannot carry a show, she just can't.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

• 2 weeks later...

When I read about The Nine getting canceled, it was filled with how the critics said it was one of the best new shows going and all that stuff. Did they even happen to watch the show? Because it was quite boring.

I watched the 60 minute pilot. The 60-but felt like 600-minute neverending boring as all fuck pilot.

So NBC released their midseason schedule and nothing really changes except for some move arounds in days and the return of shows like Apprentice and Crossing Jordon.

The only thing interesting is that they left out Black Donnelly's. But they made a note that it will debut in the spring sometime.

In addition, new mid-season dramas "Raines" and "The Black Donnellys" will also join the NBC schedule in Spring 2007 on a date and time period to be announced later.

Okay Reilly is starting to appear a mere mortal. "Raines" and "Black Donnellys" should have spots specifically tailored for them, not just kept as late season replacements. And am I to assume that since it appears nowhere on the press release that "The Singles Table" is either going to air in the summer or not at all? Because that sucks. :@

EDIT:

Ugh, it's worse than I'd thought:

NBC's Monday lineup of "Deal or No Deal," the hit new drama "Heroes" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" will stay intact despite speculation about a possible move of the critically praised "Studio 60," which regularly loses a large chunk of the "Heroes" audience. To stay primarily in originals, "Studio 60" will share its 10 p.m. slot with midseason drama "Black Donnellys."

"Las Vegas," which has been airing predominantly original episodes, will end its fourth season early, making room for the midseason drama "Raines," which will take over the 9 p.m. period.

Edited by Beartnik

Okay Reilly is starting to appear a mere mortal. "Raines" and "Black Donnellys" should have spots specifically tailored for them, not just kept as late season replacements. And am I to assume that since it appears nowhere on the press release that "The Singles Table" is either going to air in the summer or not at all? Because that sucks. :@

EDIT:

Ugh, it's worse than I'd thought:

NBC's Monday lineup of "Deal or No Deal," the hit new drama "Heroes" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" will stay intact despite speculation about a possible move of the critically praised "Studio 60," which regularly loses a large chunk of the "Heroes" audience. To stay primarily in originals, "Studio 60" will share its 10 p.m. slot with midseason drama "Black Donnellys."

"Las Vegas," which has been airing predominantly original episodes, will end its fourth season early, making room for the midseason drama "Raines," which will take over the 9 p.m. period.

So "Raines" goes to the dead night of Friday and "Black Donnellys" gets to share Mondays at 10 on offnights? This is a recipe for disaster.

Island drama avoids the mighty Idol; Day Break out, Knights in.

ABC's Lost. In the game of TV chicken, ABC blinked.

The network has announced it is moving Lost from Wednesdays at 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. when the show returns February 7, in order to avoid Fox's returning reality show American Idol. Last season's top-rated series, Idol returns January 16.

Last January, Lost suffered a 20 percent ratings drop once the singing competition got under way, and the show is already having a rocky time this season. The third-season premiere was off 25 percent from the season-two start, and CBS's Criminal Minds has slowly turned up the heat, coming within striking distance of Lost's crown in the 18-49 demo and on one occasion exceeding Lost in total viewers.

Beginning January 3, ABC will slot the oft-delayed Knights of Prosperity in the Wednesday 9 p.m. spot. The sitcom stars Donal Logue as the leader of a bumbling gang of crooks who hatch a plan to rob Mick Jagger. Another new sitcom, In Case of Emergency, will air at 9:30 p.m. The network calls the David Arquette show "a unique laugh out loud comedy."

The serial Day Break was scheduled to finish its Wednesday night arc until Lost returned. Now, the future of that series is unknown.

On January 24 George Lopez returns with new episodes at 8:00 p.m., followed by According to Jim at 8:30 p.m.

Fuck George Lopez and According To Jim. Also this is a dumb move I think for Lost. Very dumb. Finally, damn ABC for not allowing Daybreak to finish in it's original timeslot. It's a fucking 13 week series. Jesus the networks piss me off sometimes.

• 2 months later...

SOPHOMORE SEASON OF THE LOOP PREMIERES JUNE 10

For those keeping score at home, that's 423 days from season one's finale to season two's premiere. Man, what a ratings bonanza I'm sure that'll be. :(

For those who couldn't get enough Grey's Anatomy...

... your taste in television sucks.

And finally...

Kitchen Confidential Comes to DVD

Nick Brendon fanboyism aside, I thought "Kitchen Confidential" was a pretty damn good sitcom. But like most good shows on FOX not named "24" or "House", they didn't know how to market it for shit. I might check this one out.