The 2006/2007 TV Season Thus Far

TGC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really anticipating The Office Season 3. I saw Family Guy and thought it was mediocre, it seems like South Park's cartoon wars kind of proved a huge point that Family Guy is a string of jokes that have nothing to do with the "plot" and it's gotten a lot less funny.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna

Eh, I'm just doing comedies here. Those and Reality TV are(mostly) all I watch. I haven't been able to watch much with Big Brother finale, Football, Rockstar: Supernova finale and moving. But these are the only(two) shows I've watched in the past week.

The War At Home

Muahahahahahaha. That's all you have to say. Dave's man crush and Mike's constant relationship problems to Dave and Vicky wanting to get a break at lunch to go home for 45 minutes or so to be 'alone', but to only find Hilary there skipping school catching them in the act of getting naked and ready. G-I-D-E-O-N Star! I'm Gideon! while playing the piano is one of the funniest TV chants I've heard in a while when Larry changes his name. Very funny episode, with Dave getting caught hugging his Man Crush's daughter near the end, fixing Mike's relationship but Mike has a new girlfriend already. It's all-over-the-place, but followable. I reccomend you see the "Back to School" episode. 8/10

The Simpsons

Like The War At Home, this one was hilarious. Maybe even moreso then The War At Home. Fat Tony's son is a softy apparently and wants to become a chef while Fat Tony is about to be killed. Fat Tony is actually shot and his son is expected to come back and avenge him, but what is a softy gon' do? In the episode it develops the new character, the son of Tony named 'Michael' - Michael goes through the episode looking for his fathers support and in the end shows his true colors by killing all of his Dad's mafia enemies with his cooking recipe, what Lisa finds that says "Posion" at the end. Lisa thought it was an accident until Michael came out of his fathers room and didn't his father it was an accident, when Lisa questioned him he said "Lisa, for your own good stay out of my business" closing the door. For it only to open to "Vroom vroom!" noises from Michael as he played on a toy race track while the bullies(Nelson and crew) shut the door again. As the show ended off with "Vroom vroom" from behind the door. The new king of mafia is formed~! 8/10

The pilots I've seen, from best to worst:

1. The Black Donnellys

2. Studio 60

3. Raines

4. The Singles Table

5. Standoff

6. The Class

7. Jericho

8. The Nine

9. Runaway

10. Happy Hour

11. Men In Trees

12. Justice

13. Friday Night Lights

14. Vanished

15. Til Death

And a bit of news, since I don't think it's worthy of its own topic but doesn't fit anywhere else: for everyone who's seen The Singles Table, Pascale Hutton, the doctor, has been replaced in her role by Alicia Silverstone. This better not ruin the show, because the original pilot, led solely by John Cho, was awesome.

Guest This is classic Ringy

Stealing Beatnik's gimmick

1. The Black Donnellys

2. Raines

3. Smith

4. Studio 60

5 The Singles Table

6. The Knights of Propserity

7. The Class

8. Jericho

9. Traveller

10. Shark

11. Standoff

12. The Nine

13. Runaway

14. Happy Hour

15. Men In Trees

16. Justice

17. Friday Night Lights

18. Vanished

I may be missing something but I don't care.

And a bit of news, since I don't think it's worthy of its own topic but doesn't fit anywhere else: for everyone who's seen The Singles Table, Pascale Hutton, the doctor, has been replaced in her role by Alicia Silverstone. This better not ruin the show, because the original pilot, led solely by John Cho, was awesome.

Edited by This is classic Ringy

Guest The Ringy Complex

Kidnapped was okay. Nothing I'd lose much sleep over missing, but something I'd consider watching if I was still home. It's just that this feels like it's been done before, and this show has nothing overly original to keep me going.

You take back those nasty words about Garber.

I liked Kidnapped. Finally got around to watching it, and it was pretty decent.

I have also now watched all five of Vanished thus far, and I'll be goddamned if I'm not actually inot it now. Everything has gotten better except the horrid acting by Marcy, the senator's daughter. The conspiracy rocks, FBI guy is almost not irritating, and I am actually finally starting to care about Sarah/Nikki.

I dropped Standoff. It is a fun show, and I almost enjoyed it, but too much shit on Tuesdays, and it does not make the cut.

So far this year my new faves are:

Studio 60

The Class

Justice

Jericho

Vanished

I'm all about the returning shows. Bones, House.. stuff like that.

I thought Standoff was pretty good though. I don't usually watch much on Tuesdays so I usually stick around after House and watch it. Decent little show.