• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is the 07 topic, but I felt like this needed to be posted anyway:

Bullshit.jpg

And FYI, my strikers were Defoe and Ibrahimovic with Berbatov off the bench, with Riise having the most shots of 5, so it's not as if my strikeforce is shit. Their goalie was Steve Harper! Mine was Cudicini <_<

Did I miss something with this? Or are you just calling Fulham shit? >_>

I know this is the 07 topic, but I felt like this needed to be posted anyway:

And FYI, my strikers were Defoe and Ibrahimovic with Berbatov off the bench, with Riise having the most shots of 5, so it's not as if my strikeforce is shit. Their goalie was Steve Harper! Mine was Cudicini <_<

Did I miss something with this? Or are you just calling Fulham shit? >_>

I just started a new game and holiday'd overnight to 2018 (which means it's much, much faster than previous games :o Usually I only get to about 2010). Here's all the interesting stuff, because I know some of you like this type of thing :shifty: :

Currently, with 24 games gone, United are top, but level on points with Chelsea who have a game in hand. Derby, Blackpool and Leicester are the bottom three. (Other teams currently in the Prem but not in real life: Bristol City ( :( ), Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Charlton. Oh, wait, allegedly that last team are in the Prem. Forgive me for not noticing ¬_¬).

I'll go through all the teams people here care about, because I'm that bored :P

Ian Holloway is at Liverpool (currently 10th), after taking Argyle to the Premiership and lasting four seasons, before crashing out in style and going to 'pool last season.

'Pool under Holloway finished third fifth last season, and before he took over they'd managed to win two FA Cups, and both the associated Community Shields. Not too impressive... (is there a way to find out a clubs previous managers other than to go through all the managers in the world and see who was at Liverpool? :P )

Reina and Carson are both still there (although Carson is, understandably, pissed off. The poor guy hasn't even been out on loan). Agger and Alonso are there too, and they splurged £11m on Leighton Baines from Tottenham a few years ago.

Roberto Mancini (who lasted until 2014 at Inter) is at Manchester United. The Yanks are still in charge though.

Man United have won fucking everything, although they haven't won either domestic cup that much. Kuczyak is still there but only as backup, Rooney is still there but seems to play on the right wing. Vincent Kompany is the only other player I recognise in the team (and I thought he was WAY older than that...he's actually a year younger than Rooney :o ).

Juando Ramos (starts at Sevilla, then went to Roma in the game) is in charge at Chelsea, and Abramovic is still there but 'will listen to offers' if anyone happens to have a spare £198m. They've never won the League Cup, and only won the Champions League once, but they've pretty much won everything else at some point. 35-year-old Cech is still their #1 (and their sub 'keeper has the most incredibly goalkeeper's name EVER: Shane Supple ¬_¬). 37-year-old John Terry is still the club captain, and still plays every game he's available for. They've also signed Theo Walcott (£10m from Reading, they paid £8m for him from Arsenal and he was at Reading for ages). He's got 20 goals in 38 caps for England too (I'll get to England later). Fernando Torres (£48m) and Cristian Zaccardo (£12m) have also joined. The rest are regens or unknowns who got good. Hilariously, Lazy Dutch Wanker, I mean, Winger is in the reserves :D

This is a bit weird... the current Arsenal manager. Thierry Henry perhaps? Nah, Mark Perry. Former Aldershot coach, then later manager. "Maybe he got Aldershot all the way to the Premiership?". Not quite, his last achievement before taking over at Arsenal was to get them relegated from League One.

Anyway, as I expected, there are hardly any 'name' players at Arsenal because most of them are youngsters who came from their Academy. Clichy is still there, as are Reyes and Bendtner. They've also signed Micah Richards for £13m from Rangers (who signed him for £8m from Man City when City went down).

Tottenham are now managed by James Paynter. I dunno if he's a regen, but his first job was Youth Coach at Tranmere in 2006. Then he went on to manage them, lost in the League Two playoff semi's, and went to Carlisle where for three years he quite literally did nothing of note, before joining Leeds for a year where he did nothing either, and four years ago took over at Tottenham. He's done averagely, being responsible for two of the three third places in the Premiership and a League Cup win. Has never qualified for the Champions League proper though. Spurs have also won the UEFA cup (and been runner up) and the Super Cup, but not with him. A 38-year-old Paul Robinson is still there, and still plays occasionally, but isn't your number one anymore (a regen from their youth academy is). They also signed Reo-Coker from West Ham ages ago for £5m.

Iain Dowie has taken charge at Newcastle after spells at Wigan and Pompey. He's done well to make them into a regular top-five team, but they've won absolutely nothing save for a League Cup (and that was before he took over). Obafemi Martins is the only name I recognise, but then again, this is Newcastle, I only know four or five Toon players anyway ¬_¬. Interestingly, they actually sold Martins to Atletico for £15m a few years ago, then bought him back for £11m four years later.

Fulham are currently managed by Bryan Klug, who had various jobs at Ipswich (including Director of Football), then a short spell at Yeovil. He's done well for Fulham, winning them the FA Cup two years in a row, and finishing third in the Premiership. They spent two seasons in the Championship and won a League Cup too, but not under Klug.

Not that I'd recognise many names from Fulham, they do still have Collins John, Liam Rosenior (who never did get an England cap. Serves him right for starting out at the wrong Bristol :P ) and Giampoalo Pazzini (from Man United for £2m).

Dave Jones, after taking Cardiff to the Premiership, Newcastle to the FA Cup final, Arsenal to freefall down the league, Reading absolutely nowhere and also having a brief five-month spell at West Ham, now finds himself in Brum as Aston Villa manager. He finished 9th last season (although he was only in charge for their last game), and this season they're going well in sixth. As for achievements: Two FA Cup finals (one FA Cup), and a League Cup. Woo.

Player-wise, other than Craig Gordon (for £10m from Hearts in 2010), every player is either a regen or an unknown except Steven Davis, who went to Milan (£12m), didn't last a year before going to Man United (£10m), lasted almost a year there before being swapped (for £28m and a Macedonian striker who's now at Juventus anyway) and going to FC Bayern, then coming back to Aston Villa five years later. So he's been around the block a few times.

Former Hull, Southampton, Leicester and Reading manager Phil Parkinson, who's also the prick responsible for Bristol City's Premiership status, is now manager at Everton. Everton only have a League Cup to their name, and spent a year in the Championship, but other than that have been fairly consistently mid-table. Fabrice Muamba, on loan from Fulham, is the only familar name in the squad, but that's not surprising considering most Everton players these days seem to be about eighty years old and Scottish.

Blackburn stuck with Mark Hughes until a fifth relegation last season proved to be the final straw, and he was finally sacked. 'Boing Boing Blackburn' haven't spent two consecutive seasons in the same league since 2012/13 :P Currently managed by every woman's favourite football manager, Mike Newell (who's also responsible for two of Sunderland's three relegations; they're in League Two). Second in the Championship, they have none of their original squad (which is hardly surprising after five relegations and four promotions.

Charlton have former Leicester, Preston and Coventry manager Micky Adams at the helm, are comfortably midtable after a spell in the Championship (a long one), and haven't won anything at all.

Leicester are managed by former Southampton and Doncaster manager David Platt (lol), who got them promoted to the Premiership after two mediocre seasons in mid table. I don't know any Leicester players, so if you care that much TAFKA, ask me :shifty: .

Bristol City have miraculously appeared in the Premiership, now managed by Mark Hughes. They've also won an FA Cup (obviously nobody bothered to enter in 2014), and unsurprisingly have none of their original League One side, or in fact anyone at all that's worth mentioning.

On a funny note, Gary Johnson (former Yeovil, now Bristol City irl) boss is currently managing Milan, after quitting Valencia ¬_¬. Well he WAS a former Latvia boss I guess...

Now, I don't know what it is with Football Manager's, but in every single one, as seemingly in real life, the same thing happens. Bristol Rovers are STILL in fucking League Two, we've NEVER been promoted (or relegated though), and we're managed by Steve Johnson, who's only previous experience was ten years at Dorchester Town, during which they never got out of Conference South, and only four of which he actually spent as Manager. We're currently 13th (exactly where we currently are this season!) and as expected, have won absolutely nothing. Our highest ever place was 4th, but even then we got knocked out of the playoffs in the first game. At least Exeter are still in the Conference.

Unsurprisingly none of the current squad survive.

England Team

Now this REALLY takes the piss. The England manager. The manager of the ENGLAND NATIONAL TEAM, only has two previous jobs: Crawley Town and Havant and Waterlooville.

What. The. Fuck? Since when do you go from Conference South, to NON FUCKING LEAGUE, to England National Team? He's been there for four years, and this is what he's won:

< Blank Space >

I hope he's happy. He got us to the final of the Confederations Cup, where we lost to Spain 5-1. That's all.

Steve Mclaren's reign ended with second round Euro 2008 defeat to the Czech's 3-1. Holland beat Spain 1-0 to win it.

Adrian Boothroyd then took over and we went out of the 2010 World Cup 2-1 to France in the second round. Paraguay later won it, beating Italy 2-1 in extra time. We couldn't get past the group stage in Euro 2012 with Adie either, losing out to Switzerland and Italy (Italy won the group, and then the Tournament, beating France 2-1...)

We forgave Adie though, and he won us the 2014 World Cup, with a 1-0 win over Nigeria in extra time thanks to a 120th minute Luke Moore goal (30 goals in 47 caps, plays for Reading in the Championship now although it was Chelsea in his prime).

Adie's last International outing was Euro 2016, where we lost on Penalties to the frogs in the Semi finals (John Terry missed and the French played the second half with ten men!). Spain beat them in extra time in the final though. He then resigned, and this n00b from Crawley Town took over.

The current squad has the following 'knowns' left:

Paul Robinson (Spurs), but not as #1

Micah Richards (Arsenal)

Michael Dawson (Spurs)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Michael Mancienne (Portsmouth)

Leighton Baines (Liverpool)

Nigel Reo-Coker (Spurs)

Aaron Lennon (Inter, left Spurs for Rangers for £3m, then Man United for £13m, then Inter for £9m)

Theo Wallcot (Chelsea)

Stewart Downing (Ipswich)

Darren Bent (Valencia, after a season at Villa. 44 in 70).

Daniel Sturridge (Man City, 5 in 9).

Of the 26-man squad, TWELVE are Spurs players, and of the fourteen that aren't, six of those have played for Spurs at some point.

Both Coles, Johnson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Crouch, Vassell, Lampard and Gerrard have all retired from football for good and so aren't in the game. Gary Neville is the Everton youth coach.

37-year-old Robbie Keane is at Southampton, after playing for Spurs all the way up until last season.

37-year-olds Ledley King and Wayne Bridge are at Bournemouth in the Championship. King played his entire career at Spurs and got 35 caps and a goal before becoming old and going on a free. Bridge played for Everton, Leeds, Tottenham and Millwall, got 24 caps and a goal.

35-year-old Jermaine Defoe is at Coventry, he got 25 in 65 before retiring from international football.

35-year-old Jermaine Pennant is, astonishingly, unemployed. He played for Birmingham, Newcastle and Wigan before breaking his hip in 2015. Now his pace is 5 and Huddersfield released him. He never won a single cap.

Wenger and Henry have retired. Fabregas plays for Juventus after signing for £21m in 2012. Touré plays for Barnsley ¬_¬

Mourinho manages Portugal.

Fergie has obviously retired, Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Barcelona, and is possibly the best free transfer ever. He's only 32...

Ronaldinho is an unemployed manager. Recently retired from playing for Barcelona.

Buffon is the same story, retired from Juventus and now unemployed manager.

World Cup Winners: Paraguay, England.

European Championship Winners:: Holland, Italy, Spain.

Confederation's Cup Winners: Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Italy, Spain.

Champions League Winners: Inter, Lyon, Man United, Man United, Milan, Juventus, Cheslea, Man United, Man United, Inter, Inter.

UEFA Cup Winners: Valencia, PSG, Milan, Porto, Barcelona, Valencia, Spurs, Benfica, Juventus, Lazio, Lyon.

FA Cup Winners: Liverpool, Arsenal, Liverpool, Reading, Man City, Aston Villa, Man United, Coventry, Chelsea, Fulham, Fulham.

League Cup Winners:: Arsenal, Man United, Everton, Leeds, Villa, Man United, Villa, Bolton, Newcastle, Tottenham, Coventry. Fulham vs Wigan this year.

Premiership Winners:: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man United, Chelsea, Man United, Man United, Man United, Man United, Man United, Man United.

Championship Winners: Cardiff, Coventry, Plymouth, Yeovil, Charlton, Bristol City, Wigan, Everton, Ipswich, Coventry, Sheff Wed.

Team that's climbed the most number of leagues: Bristol fucking City.

Team that's fallen the most number of leagues: Sunderland, now in League Two (and STILL struggling), and Watford, now in League One (and bottom of it).

Woo, that killed an hour or two of boredom :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

Well that was very interesting. FM is totally unpredictable. Paraguay and Nigeria BOTH making a World Cup Final? Crazy shit. I'll be doing one of those overnight holidays sometime soon too. It's an interesting thing to do, I did it with 06 and got to 2011 or something. England won both World Cups.

I'd dread to see how many mail messages you would have. :@

Anyway it's been an interesting few months for my Juventus side. We needed a few strikers in, and I'll have shit all to spend in the summer so I'm bringing in Forsell and some French guy, I forget his name. He's top scorer in the French league with 17 goals in 18 games.

Europe is tight this year but we have 8 games to go and we're unbeaten in 15 games. We're just after beating Inter 3-1. Great win.

I can't believe others aren't complaining heavily about the keepers. Teams are presented with about 2 open goals each game.... I can't play it anymore. It's so bad I'd even start a new game if the patch doesn't fix it.

Cheater.

So, I got disillusioned with my QPR game since Steve Bruce got the United job ahead of me after Ferguson retired. I managed to sneak a 7th place finish in the table with my QPR side and I qualified for the UEFA cup via the Intertoto and what was Steve Bruce's last achievement? Sending Birmingham down to League One. Bastards.

So I've started a new game as Arsenal and everything is going swimmingly especially since Flamini is a BEAST in this game.

Hull: Mid-table in the Championship. New chairman took over this season. Currently managed by Jimmy Hempson (newgen, former West Ham (assistant), Hucknall and Stoke).

Relegated to League One twice, once under Rob Kelly (former Leicester), once under Bryan Robson, but came back immediately both times (both times as Runner Up, so you couldn't even win League One :P). Relegation did one good thing for you though, you managed to win the St Johnstone's Paint Trophy (ppffft, LDV Vans was much better) while you were down there.

None of the current squad are still there.

Woo! After three straight years of coming second, I finally won the Premiership with Tottenham!

I also won the League Cup and finished the Premiership with exactly 100 goals (H)

And both my Under 18's (for the 4th year running) and Reserves (for the 3rd year running) won their leagues.

Edited by Zaz