Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest muddatrucker

I like buying a spaniard called Alexis who plays for Levante or something, my coaches tell me he's not worth the agro but I buy him and with game time he usually becomes something decent. Bendtner has come quite good too which I'm pretty pleased about, scores the odd hattrick here and there, basically a powerful striker.

Just completed my third Tottenham season in the car on the way back to Birmingham.

Lost in the final of the UEFA Cup AGAIN, this time 1-0 to Roma but finished third in the league behind Chelsea and Man U. My expensive striking signing Acuna didn't do much all season and neither did Robbie Keane (he played really well but couldn't score) but luckily Berbatov hit 20-odd, Alex got 19 from midfield, Defoe got 17 and Lee Barnard suddenly became brilliant out of nowhere and scored 10 in about 19 games. However, as a Spurs fan my highlight was beating Arsenal 3-0 down the Lane. Happy days.

I'm also starting the second season in Australia in another saved game. I chose Central Coast Mariners mainly cos of the weirdness of name. Lost in the final of the league tournament thing after coming second to Sydney in the regular season. I then beat them in the major semi but they shuffled through the playoff semi thing to beat me in the final. Grrr.

We qualified for the Asian Champions League which is played at JUST the time that all my players are suddenly exhausted and unfit in the closed season so while we won the first two games we lost three of the other group games and didn't get through.

CCM have some decent players (like Jamie McMaster) but I top up by buying old farts from Europe and South America. I got Zinho for a season, some Russian striker, an Argentinian winger and just got Trevor Sinclair in his last season before retirement. Whooo! Go Trev!

Guest muddatrucker

I've got into a habit of signing Brazilian legends as backup for my wingback/defensive positions, I've previously had Sylvinho and now Roberto Carlos, but both have/are proving quality cover, I mean physically they're not as good - but as backup and for £400 a week, it works quite well.

Got back to the top of the league, the slumps do prove to make the game exciting but at the time they're a royal pain in the arse.

What kind of details do you guys go into while playing the game? I mean, I generally just do tactics and team selection, first half of the season is usually a breeze, but then 20 matches in my teams always (and I mean always) start a streak of no wins. What am I doing wrong? :(

Training, individual tactics, maybe try changing your captain?

In that case, anyone got any tips for tactics? Or a website where I can learn about them in more depth? I don't like downloading other peoples tactics, feels like cheating.

Fuck, what a game. We ended up 7th in the league, a massive failure this season. We did however win the Uefa Cup. One of the best games I've ever watched on CM / FM. They go up 1-0 - 8 minutes in, we pull one back in the 18th minute. Ibrahimovic (sp?) nets a goal in the 68th minute. I throw on Darren Bent who has been pretty poor this season and subjected to the sidelines. Bent scores in the 83rd minute and we're off to extra time. Inter trounce us with chance after chance and Kameni manages to keep us in it. The ball is launched into Inter's half, Bent passes it into Reyes who shoots first touch and scores in the 119th minute. Absolutely brilliant. Words couldn't do it justice.

I promised to resign if I didn't win a cup within 3 years, and I'm glad that in my first and only final right on the 3 year deadline I managed to pull something off.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest muddatrucker

I promised to resign if I didn't win a cup within 3 years, and I'm glad that in my first and only final right on the 3 year deadline I managed to pull something off.

Just completed my third Tottenham season in the car on the way back to Birmingham.

Lost in the final of the UEFA Cup AGAIN, this time 1-0 to Roma but finished third in the league behind Chelsea and Man U. My expensive striking signing Acuna didn't do much all season and neither did Robbie Keane (he played really well but couldn't score) but luckily Berbatov hit 20-odd, Alex got 19 from midfield, Defoe got 17 and Lee Barnard suddenly became brilliant out of nowhere and scored 10 in about 19 games. However, as a Spurs fan my highlight was beating Arsenal 3-0 down the Lane. Happy days.

Finished first season with the Shrimpers and ended up 7th, four points out of a playoff spot.

One player in the team of the year, my superstar Darryl Flahavan was named substitute keeper. Hopefully my transfer budget is OK and I can pick up some decent signings. Michael Mancienne I need to have on loan again, absolute class.

You made the wife drive you home? >_>

My old man drove us home. Neither of us can drive...

Just got sacked after three years as manager of Newcastle due to a new consortium taking over and wanting to install Les Ferdinand as manager.

Season One: Not a very good start, qualified for the Euro Cup through the Euro Vase and qualified from the group stages but got knocked out in the last thirty-two. A poor Premiership campaign as well saw us finish ninth. By a stroke of luck we were the highest placed team to apply for the Euro Vase so it was back to that again for the second season. League and FA Cups were atrocious, early exits from both.

Season Two: Offloading Obafemi Martins for £10,000,000 to Milan and the January of season one signing of Dave Nugent for £6,000,000 from Preston finally come good as Nugent and Owen compete for the top goalscorer award and both end the season with 25+. The signing of David Goodwillie in January proves a hit as he hits 15 in 15 games. Euro Cup again a washout, knocked out in last sixteen this time.We run Arsenal and Chelsea to the last day of the season for the title but finish 3rd on 78 points, Chelsea on 80 and Arsenal on 81. First takeover collapses this season but lads still come good to win the League Cup. The Champions League Awaits!

Season Three: Get off to a poor start as more signings cause disruption in the dressing room. One bright spark is the signing of Kim Kállstrom who gets the fans singing my praises. Games are lost or drawn and a tactical rethink is taken. Suddenly we can't lose and start zooming up the table. Finish second in our Champion's League group behind CSKA Moscow and draw Werder Bremen in last 16. Pal Le Guen leaves Rangers at this time to take over at Atletico Madrid and I send along my CV to Ibrox, not making the board or fans happy. A 0-1 loss at home to Bremen puts us seemingly out but we rally and win 2-0 away to go through. Similarly in the quarter finals, a 2-0 loss at home to PSV makes it a difficult job but we travel to Holland and come out 4-1 winners. Semi finals don't go as well, we draw Chelsea. A 0-0 draw at home is good but we lose 3-1 away and the dream is over. It'll be a Chelsea vs. Arsenal final. Second last game of the season and we sit in third, entertaining Arsenal at St. James'. A great start sees us romp home 3-1 winners and we're assured a European spot next season. However with Tottenham a point behind in 4th and Man City 3 behind in 5th we're not safe yet. A poor couple of seasons have seen the Premiership only allocated three Champions League places. Then I'm sacked as the new consortium chooses to select a new manager. The final game sees already relegated Watford take some pride with a 1-0 win against Newcastle but with Tottenham and Man City drawing Champion's League football will be at St. James again. But I won't be there to see it.

:(

Season Three:

Hahahaha. Sorry but..

hahaha.

Maybe I shouldn't laugh as the consortium looking to take over Reading failed in their attempt, but my chairman said they would be back at a future date and this consortium want me out for some Sevilla ponce. =[

Edited by Lost Soul

In some cases they are but not in all. Like I've previously stated I was bought out by an Arabian and he's pumped millions into the club, so much we are now a top flight side.

Well I understand that takeovers don't necessarily mean cash boosts, but regardless, there are too many of them taking place on a regular basis, I hate reading about 20 messages regarding potential takeovers that are only going to fall through.
Edited by Lost Soul