NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

I just saw the last page and got the link for the updated roster. I'm going to try that out now. I kept wanting to add myself but didn't want to completely start over yet. This will give me an excuse to start fresh.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I started my game....updated rosters + in the OHL, I took over the Kitchener Rangers and basically traded away tons of stuff for people who could help now (Ryan Ellis, Cody Hodgeson)....ended up having the most points overall (I think, I was at least #1 in the west)...Hodgeson was the scoring leader for the year, won the OHL cup (can;t remember what it is called) after going down 3-1 in the first two rounds.

Memorial cup? I finish 4th :shifty:

Bunch of my players got drafted, and now I have a ton of overage players...next year is gonna be a little harder. I also got over-looked for the GM job for the Senators and Rangers.

Balancing several different games.

Two years in, game as the Coyotes. Stanley Cup contenders.

Five years in, game as the Islanders/Rangers. Islanders are struggling with whether to be consistent 10th place finishers or a dynasty. Rangers won the Cup, but have huge salary cap issues and they're fucking old.

Four years in, game as the Canucks/HV71. Canucks just won the Cup, but as I mentioned I did a lot of offseason changes. HV71 is on the verge of getting relegated, I'm trying to keep them up in the SEL. Hell of a challenge hopping onto an underachieving team midseason.

And the game I'm playing ATM, a game a year in playing as The Leafs. Started the year awful before making a deal for Ontario Nittymaki. He's kind of a god in this game. Next year should be really interesting, my team managed to win eight in a row to finish the year. The board wanted to fire me, but they're now giving me their full support, AKA they're still planning to fire me. >_>

Cheating is "Nittymaki is on IR for 4 months, so you trade two ECHL level prospects plus an AHL lifer goalie for him". If he's healthy, the computer KNOWS how good he is. It's not like you're pulling anything past him. The only cheap trades are exploit trades using the max money or LTIR glitches.

Cheating is "Nittymaki is on IR for 4 months, so you trade two ECHL level prospects plus an AHL lifer goalie for him". If he's healthy, the computer KNOWS how good he is. It's not like you're pulling anything past him. The only cheap trades are exploit trades using the max money or LTIR glitches.

Max money/LTIR glitches? Which are those?

At the start of the game, default database, you can get him for pretty cheap. As the Leafs, you can trade Raycroft for him straight up.

Max money/LTIR glitches? Which are those?

At the start of the game, default database, you can get him for pretty cheap. As the Leafs, you can trade Raycroft for him straight up.

I've gotten Raycroft to win 50 games for me using the default database.

Max money glitches?

If you offer someone a contract with X value per year, then you'll pay that value for the first year and then $200,000 per year after that. People discovered this by trying to keep unhappy, in their prime young players like Ovechkin and Kovalchuk. This is a great way to reduce the cap hit of your superstars. It's also very, very wrong.

LTIR glitches?

If someone is on long-term injured reserve (IE 3-12 month injuries), the computer suddenly massively undervalues them and gets desperate for a replacement. I was able to trade Frederik Norenna (unsigned 34 year old goalie in the Finnish leagues) and a late first for Luongo, who since then has been nominated for two Vezinas. I wasn't aware it was a glitch (I figured the pick was better than it actually was) until afterwards, when I said "look at this cool trade!" to my friend and he said I was a cheater. :(

Think about it. How many offers do you think came in for Malkin this past season when he was hurt?

"So, Malkins hurt. Bet you need a forward. I have Trevor Gillies, raring to go. Just the kind of player you need. I'll throw in a second as well."

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MALKIN!!!"

These trades don't happen. Teams wait.

I suck at OHL games....my first season was great, second season is going....ok.

Started off 5-0....now I am 5-4, and the board was unhappy with my last loss.

Edit: I am now 18-18-1....man, I suck at CHL teams :(

To get better players? I buy them....I give them tons of money >_<

Edit 2: I applied for a job with an AHL team, just to see if I could get it. I did! I turned it down....I wanna use my five first round draft-picks! And in the AHL, you can't really sign/trade keyplayers.

Edit 3: Other teams have grown wise to my ways....no matter what, I can't buy any of the awesome young players :( There is a great center, great winger, and a great goalie....and speaking of? I have no decent goalie >_<

Edit 4: One season removed from my shitty 18-18-1, and I am the best team in the CHL with a 32-10-1 record. Go me :D

Edit 5: UGH!!! In the OHL final....Boston signs my #1 goalie, Landeskog goes down for three months, and someone else signs my #1 D. FUCK.

Edited by Doug Sir Swish Ruki

What a bunch of dicks!!!

And finally, someone else posted, I can stop editing my post!

Yeah, OHL final went 4-2 :( I needed my players, dammit! And for the draft....didn't get too many amazing prospects :shifty:

So it will be time to move to the AHL and then the NHL! But stupid update...making me want to scrap this game...