NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

Anyone want to give me a copy of this game? :rolleyes:

I really wish I still had this on my computer. I would love to start doing a new game in the Cube or Dome or whatever it's called.

That roster update posted above, I cannot get to work. Anyone know of other updates or where I should look? I've done a Google search, but haven't come up with much.

...guessing you figured this out?

• 3 months later...

So I pretty much did the impossible: I got Patrick Marleau to show up for a playoff game!

marleau.jpg

Marleau turned out to be really solid: he put up 80 points in 65 games before going down with the dreaded MCL sprain. That game above was his first playoff game back, and he didn't stop there; he played 18 playoff games and had 24 points.

I traded him in the offseason, naturally; he made 7 million and I had to free up pretty much all that salary to resign Henrik Sedin (107 points in 80 games) and Daniel Sedin (110 points in 79 games), as well as a full season of Marcus Naslund (picked up at the deadline, had 34 points in 20 games). However, I traded my top defensemen (Scott Hannan) and two of my top six forwards (Marleau and Guerin). That led to a bit of concern as to whether I'd have enough offense.

ehmoffense.jpg

I think I'll do okay.

Lou, but I put in Michael Mole for a game and he let in 8 goals. We still won. >_>

I KNOW. I saw him as a free agent and I was like YES. He will play 5 games a year for me!

I am trying to sign Olaf Kolzig to play for the Manitoba Moose but so far he has resisted me.

I actually really liked making the cut, the premise of the show is just problematic because everyone learned from Detroit in the 1990s that if you don't have an extensive scouting system to make use of late round picks, you won't be terribly successful unless you take the Pittsburgh route (continually suck ass for a decade in order to stockpile lottery picks/potential superstars).

Most of those players had already gotten multiple looks by scouts. The chances of ever finding someone who has completely slipped the radar in this day and age where NHL scouting departments have 20+ full time staff is unlikely.

Outside of Alex Burrows, who was the last undrafted player to make it to the NHL and become an impact player? With the transfer situation between the IIHF and The NHL today, you might see it happen, but none of those players are going to move to Kelowna for a CBC reality show anyway so that point is moot.

Outside of Alex Burrows, who was the last undrafted player to make it to the NHL and become an impact player?

Undrafted players active (or recently retired) that I consider to have made an impact >_>

Sean Avery, Niklas Backstrom (goalie one), Marc-Andre Bergeron, Jason Blake Sergei Bobrovsky, Rene Bourque, Dan Boyle, Tyler Bozak Alexandre Burrows, Ty Conklin, Yann Danis, Wade Dubielewicz, Chris Durno, Ruslan Fedotenko, Mark Giordano, Daniel Girardi, Curtis Glencross, Jonas Gustavsson , Jeff Halpern, Jonas Hiller, Chris Kunitz, Ville Leino, Andy McDonald Glen Metropolit, Antti Niemi, Dustin Penner, Rich Peverley, Teddy Purcell, Brian Rafalski, Dwayne Roloson, Rick Rypien (impact restricted to Minnesota fans only) Martin St. Louis,

Niemi and Bozak probably only one to do it SINCE Burrows, but plenty playing at the same time :)

Your list includes Chris Durno. I don't know if you know what "making an impact" means.

Anyway, my comment was that Burrows (by some media folks) had been touted as potential first ever undrafted Conn Smythe Trophy winner, something Bozak will never do. >_> Niemi had a shot, and St. Louis had a shot, but yeah, since Burrows broke in it's been somewhat slim pickings.

I am thinking I need to try my 'Start in the CHL, then AHL and then NHL' challenge again. I got bored of the Red Deer Rebels after 2 years, then AHL after one, and then just forced myself into the Colorado Aves job :shifty:

But I should do it with updated stats! :o

I think I found my next game. (My last game I created a max stats center, winger, goalie and D-man and put them into the draft + starting with a fantasy draft. Different draft years, I got them all).

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah the Making the Cut premise doesn't really work with a sport insulated enough that pro scouts will already know anyone worth knowing, especially in North America. Now, if it were like the first season of the Ultimate Fighter parallel and full of guys who had gone over and found success in European leagues...