NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

Jason Blake. And yeah, Chara will be great! Although, looking to trade Kabs or McCabe...too close to the salary cap....

And injuries galore the last season! Sundin was out for a few weeks, Steen was out for a few weeks, Wellwood has gone done for 7 months, White has gone down for 8 months....

Edit: And the Vezna voting is retarded! I was robbed! Nitty had a great season! 50+ wins (the most), 9 shut outs (the most) and a pretty good GAA and Save percentage...yet he doesn't win? Fuck that!

Edit 2: The Flames just traded away Kipper for a 2nd round pick. Wow. And apparently I signed Anson Carter, forgot I put a bid in for him. So far, top two lines for the next season:

Sundin-Richards-Carter

Madden-Steen-Ryan

...ugh, annoyed! Made it to the Cup final, but one of my defenders was suspended for two games. Called someone up to replace him and he was claimed on re-entry waivers. So we took 50% of the hit....which put us over the salary cap. And no matter how many players I sent down, we were always over the cap. So had to exit out of the game....lost about 2 hours of play (last 10 or so games, plus all the other rounds....including a 3-1 come back against the Rangers).

But Bobby Ryan is gonna be godly. Only played around 40 games, and had 50-60 points. And 5 players (Sundin, Anson Carter, Jason Blake, Keith Tkchuck, Mike Richards) all over 80 points.

I've been unable to fit Jesse Joensuu a roster spot on the Islanders, so I sent him back to Bridgeport. In his first game, he scored a hat trick. He was also a minus one. That's how much my farm team sucks. :(

• 5 weeks later...

I just started a new game with a 09/10 season roster update. I'm only a few games in right now, but the very first move I made was to snag Mark Recchi. He's older than dirt and after 5 games has 6 goals and 11 points.

EDIT: it came down to game 82 for Montreal to make the playoffs and they did so with an 8-4 dismantling of the Leafs.

Gionta scored goals 48, 49 and 50 in that game and the 42 year old Mark Recchi would get 2 assists to finish the season 2nd in league scoring with 108 points.

If only real life worked this way sometimes... I've got a 30, 40 and 50 goal scorer and 4 players with 80 or more points.

EDIT:

So my Habs lost out to eventual Stanley Cup champs the Carolina Hurricanes in a surprise 3rd round match up. Having finished 6th, I was hoping at best to force a game 7 or maybe... maybe win a series.

The off season was rough on the team... we lost a chunk of role players who were great on our team... guys like Metropolit. Mark Recchi, our leading scorer decided to contemplate retirement and didn't want to sign with anyone which immediately threw up some red flags for the upcomming season, as there goes 110 points.

Our already old defense got older, and a lot slower. To try and combat this we went out and signed Sergei Gonchar in the off season, I know another old guy. He's still got some speed and it's only a 2 year deal. He's also still an excellent d-man and we really wanted to get a top quality player to play with Markov.

Salary became an issue and the blame could squarely be put on Scott Gomez. He had a great 80 point season last year, but at 7.3M/yr it's really hard to justify his salary. He got shipped off to Boston (where he's playing quite well) in return we picked up Marco Sturm, Mark Stuart and Toronto's 1st round pick.

We ran into some injury, and productivity trouble early on in the season so I've since welcomed Alexander Perezhogin back to the team (11pts in 15 games so far), we also traded a 3rd for Dustin Brown and we signed Markus Naslund as a free agent this week. Hopefully that'll provide some scoring depth for the season.

No matter what, with our D it's going to be a long year and I don't forsee the playoffs, but we've got some great prospects and Russian players who could step in at D next season as well as the fact that I know already that Hamrlik and Gill will be gone next season, probably Spacek also, which will open up 11.5 Million on top of the 3.3 we have available now. With almost 15 million, even after we re-sign our players, we can make a few splashes in terms of upgrading our D.

The goal is to have a cup by year 5. Year 1 was great, year 2 looks like it might be a wash already...

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

• 8 months later...

So, bump.

I just got this. I remember reading about it on here in this thread, and a friend of mine had it on his computer when I visited him a few weeks ago. He swears by it, so I figured what the hell.

Is there anything funky I should know about how the game plays before I jump in?

• 1 month later...