NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

I downloaded that Unfaking thing, and started a new game with the St. Louis Blues. My plan is to rebuild, did not like my blueline so I got Luc Bordon and sent him to back to Moncton. Traded away Tkachuk because I hate him for a 2nd round pick, got Pat Quinn to coach. I picked up Andy Delmore off waivers to give me at least one defender who can shoot.

First regular season game against the San Jose Sharks and they score twice within the first 5 minutes. But my team comes back. Late period goals from Cajanek and Dvorak even the score, and it's an all new ball game. I juggle the lines a bit and suddenly my team is dominating. Delmore doesn't score, but the powerplay moves the puck amazingly and getting 3 to 4 good scoring opportunities on net. Guerin gets a powerplay goal, Weight bangs one in up close. The game end with the Blues crushing the Sharks 8 to 4. That has to get the city of St. Louis excited about hockey again!

I started a new game as the Habs, who I haven't really played with yet. I agressively pursue a few free agents and pick up Allison, Bure and trade for Michalek. I also signed one of my prospects(Grabovsky) to a contract. To balance the deals, I dump Radek Bonk and his 2.3 million dollar salary to Washington for draft picks(3rd round, 5th round) and a good prospect(Oskar Osala)

In my final pre-season game, I dress mostly game day players, with 2 prospects and a few players who might be heading to Hamilton soon to make room. We destroyed the Thrashers 11-0, goals from, Markov(2), Boullion(2), Rivet(1), Samsanov(1), Perezhogen(1), Grabovsky(1), Kovalev(1) and Bure(2)

Points were also scored by most other players on my team, most notably Koivu with 3 assists and Begin with 2 assists.

As said earlier in the thread, Michalek is a godsend. I had to deal away I believe a draft pick and a middle level prospect for him and it was more than worth it. Right now my top 2 lines are looking like Samsanov - Koivu - Kovalev and Michalek - Allison - Bure

I honestly think that my Habs can put forth a good playoff run with this team. If injury should strike I've got a good crop of youngsters who can come up from the AHL, especially because a bunch of players will need to go down. I'm under the cap by almost 1 million. I've got a solid roster(or so it seems).

The only concern I have is how do I keep my players happy, I've heard that players Morale will nosedive with reletive ease.

So apparently the major fix of 3.0.3 which was stopping players from dropping attributes after 4-5 years in a dynasty is still in the game. This just fucking kills the games I'm involved in since I figure I may as well trade all my young guys to win now. :rolleyes:

If your team is quicker and more skilled, then you want to) set your lines to shoot less and aim high, as they will be more patient and only take good shots that have a chance. Having some power forwards (or less skilled guys), set it to shoot often and have them crash the net.