NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

Guest Grapehead

In that same Minnesota Wild game I was talking about, McCabe and Chara were both traded seperately. McCabe was traded for Matthew Carle and the rights to Jonathan Bernier, which is a pretty good trade on either side. I forget Chara's deal, but it involved Adam McQuaid's rights, and some draft picks.

We were just under .500 and the cap was pretty much full, so with the deadline coming up I decide to dismantle the team and rebuild. I have 5 games to the deadline, and vow if I can't pull atleast 8/10 points, then I'll go through with it. I lose the first two games, badly, but Lundqvist takes an injury, so I'm relying on Pascal Leclaire and I fully expect to lose the other three games, badly as well. We end up winning 9-0, 4-0, 5-2 as the deadline comes. We're 8 points out of a playoff position, so I decide, fuck it, I'm making a run at the playoffs... Datsyuk and Penner just went down with injuries. DAMN IT!!!

Guest Grapehead

New game started, since i"m still using the trial I have just played 3 or 4 different teams to the deadline of the trial. Right now Patrick Eaves is on pace for 109 G 109 A and 218 P... not bad.

Guest Grapehead

Wow, I should write an FAQ on the draft, I pretty much do 4 or 5 everyday. First draft pick, always, should be Scott Niedermayer. I've never drafted a team that didn't have a 50 goal scorer, but I've had a lot of trouble getting solid defense from younger less experienced players, so I always track down a star defense and goalie. Mats Sundin is usually still available in the 3rd or 4th round, and is easily one of the best additions you can make to any team in that game, he's ridiculous good.

Like hell, I called it for a reason...>_>

I'd agree with the Neidermayer pick under the following conditions - 1) Jay Bouwmeester isn't available, 2) you have a pick that's 6th or lower and 3) Joe Thornton has been taken. Bouwmeester has proved a VERY capable defenseman for me, winning the Norris Trophy once with the Hawks, and Joe Thornton is yet to score less than a round 100 in all of the seasons I've completed. I say 6th or lower because the first five will probably be some combination of Ovechkin, Crosby, Brodeur, Kiprusoff and Thornton.

Guest Grapehead

Like hell, I called it for a reason...>_>

I'd agree with the Neidermayer pick under the following conditions - 1) Jay Bouwmeester isn't available, 2) you have a pick that's 6th or lower and 3) Joe Thornton has been taken. Bouwmeester has proved a VERY capable defenseman for me, winning the Norris Trophy once with the Hawks, and Joe Thornton is yet to score less than a round 100 in all of the seasons I've completed. I say 6th or lower because the first five will probably be some combination of Ovechkin, Crosby, Brodeur, Kiprusoff and Thornton.

Tips for the draft

- Screw goaltending and just take Hasek as your number one goalie with your 20th pick :shifty:

- After your core team is assembled pick many players with two way contracts and do not have to go through waivers.

and finally

- Wait for the new patch/database and unfaking database.

Hell, maybe this should become the thread where we recommend and un-recommend players for one another. In which case, get hold of Kristian Huselius if you can. I don't know what I was expecting from him, but I definitely didn't expect was him to lead the Blackhawks twice in assists, both times breaking 50 and the second season (when he was with Crosby and Jagr on the front line), being the premier assist-man in the league.

Eric Fehr. He plays for Washington. If you put him in the AHL for a season he can be an excellent second line player. Fehr also has a ton of potential and can most likely make the top line of any team after a few seasons.

Speaking of which, is the attribute growth of your players monitored anywhere?

Also, a little pre-emptive draft tip: Luke Curtin is NEVER drafted, and I'm pretty sure Ville Leino (a Swede, and also a rookie) doesn't get drafted either. Leino can fill in at third line immediately, as can Curtin, but put Leino in the AHL or ECHL for a season and laugh as he tears shit up.

Edited by Be

Speaking of which, is the attribute growth of your players monitored anywhere?

Also, a little pre-emptive draft tip: Luke Curtin is NEVER drafted, and I'm pretty sure Ville Leino (a Swede, and also a rookie) doesn't get drafted either. Leino can fill in at third line immediately, as can Curtin, but put Leino in the AHL or ECHL for a season and laugh as he tears shit up.

Edited by a. #63

Guest Grapehead

A really cheap prospect you can pick up is Marc-Andre Gragnani, he will more often than not be leading the PEI Rocket in overall point scoring, and sit pretty well amonst defensemen in the league. I've added him in a few trades without even having to pay for him really, and he's always looked to be developing nicely.

Another strange addition I've now made in two of my games, Chad Larose. I saw him put on the block in the first game, so I decided to pick him up, he played 3rd line and 2nd line PP by default and ended up being a PPG player, which was a pleasant surprise for his $450k contract.

I have gotten great numbers out of Pascal Dupuis quite a few times, but in my most recent game he is playing on a line with Eaves and Vermette. He and Vermette are both being overshadowed by Eaves' great play. Dupuis is a cheap solution to depth scoring, although if you go through the team needs screen your coach won't really aknowledge this.

Question for you all. I was a HUGE fan of EHM, hated NHL:EHM last year when I downloaded the demo. I actually regretted downloading, just felt it was a waste of time. I thought the interface was shit, I didn't like their drop down boxes, it made it more complicated then it had to be. Also just getting from one screen to another was difficult. I was just wondering if I download this demo am I going to be thoroughly disappointed again?

Question for you all. I was a HUGE fan of EHM, hated NHL:EHM last year when I downloaded the demo. I actually regretted downloading, just felt it was a waste of time. I thought the interface was shit, I didn't like their drop down boxes, it made it more complicated then it had to be. Also just getting from one screen to another was difficult. I was just wondering if I download this demo am I going to be thoroughly disappointed again?

Edited by CKN