NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

Let me make a big recommendation to you all - Luke Curtin is available as a free agent at the start of the game. Do yourself a big favour and get hold of him; while his +/- has been shite, he's been a surprisingly solid point scorer. My only problem/s are defense and goaltending, because Raycroft has been disappointing

You suck. Raycroft has done well for me.

Of course, I took notice of real life and have tried Wellwood on Sundin's wing, which worked pretty decently. Also, picking up Chris Drury off of re-entry waivers so I only pay half his salary will help, especially if I make the playoffs. I just need to find a way to get Bryan McCabe scoring. He takes like 7 shots a game, but has two goals I believe.

I'm the Predators. I'm doing shite now. I finished pretty well in the first season 6th with 95 points. I dealt away some players in the off-season to free up cash(notably: Kariya and Sullivan) but I picked up Pronger and St.Louis. My team has a solid roster, but I'm 12-18-2 early on and I can't figure out why,

I'm going to kill myself. In an effort to make one last big push for the playoffs, so decided that it was time to part ways with Chris Pronger. In return I managed to pick up Vincent Lecavlier to go along with Sakic and St. Louis. I have pretty good depth in my line up, Erat is playing phenominally well with Ryder. Everyone chips in, and I actually picked up Ribiero who is poised to be a 50 Goal scorer this season. On Defence I have some prospects who've picked up their game(and stats) so with Pothier and Hannan at the helm Ryan Parent, and one of the Stall brothers help keep my Defence in check. In nets I've got Mika Noronen who wrestled away the #1 spot from John Graham who still makes the occasional start which is a great asset in back to back games and whatknot. Anyways, I was in 13th in midseason which is when I started to make some deals to improve the team. By February We're in 5th place and 9 points ahead of 9th place looking towards the playoffs. Things are looking great, then in a span of 4 games I lose everything. St. Louis is out with a torn ACL(3 months), Lecavalier is out 3 months with a neck injury, Noronen is out for 2 months with a groin injury, Ryder is gone 5 weeks with a wrist injury and Hannan is out for 3 weeks with a shin injury. It is now mid March, some of my players are soon to return, but We've dropped to 14th in the conference and the playoffs will be a no-go for the Predators this season :(

Just finished my first season with the capitals. Ovechkin had a disapointing season and did not even have a ppg season. Plus I continue to have problems with my roster due to the reserve list. Now I have lots of players on roster and can't decide on who stays and who goes. The problem is if I send players down to the AHL only two can go without having to go through waivers and they are Alexander Semin and Eric Fehr. They spent the last season there and could possibly spend another.

So for tge first season we managed to get that 8th seed. I was somewhat disapointed as I wanted to get Logan Couture in the draft. The first round of the playoffs we lost in six games to the Philadelphia Flyers. The Rangers went on to win the Stanley Cup in seven games over Calgary.

I probably won't be signing anyone this off season despite the board wanting me to be solid contenders for the Stanley Cup.

So as the off season goes on I will be figuring out who gets a spot on the roster. So far here is what I have as guaranteed spots.

Alexander Ovechkin - Dainus Zubrus - Chris Clark

Erik Cole - Jeff Halpern - Richard Zednik

Steve Emminger - Brian Pothier

Shaone Morrisonn - Jamie Heward

Jakub Cutta - Bryan Muir

Olaf Kolzig - Brian Boucher

Guest Grapehead

After playing around with some rosters, I put together a team of all rookies(except 2) and it's pretty stacked, despite the fact that they won't be able to contend. I'd make a diary of it, if it weren't for the cheap ways I went about putting the team together, but all in all I think it'll be fun to play with them. This is what it looks like.

Heatley - Malkin - Penner

Wolski - Schremp - Kessel

Ladd - Brule - Kopitar

Staal - Hennessy - Radulov

Carle - Chara

Smid - McQuaid

Jonsson - Barker

Bourdon - Gragnani

Ramo - Pogge

I have Chara and Heatley to meet the salary floor, and most of the guys make atleast $200k more than they are probably worth. Still, should be an interesting season.

So I thought, "Let's play on EHM07, seems like fun." Still getting used to it all but I think I done okay here;

scorewp0.jpg

Was only a pre-season match, but for my first ever game - I'm chuffed. I know Be will like the Luke Curtin scores ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

Guest Grapehead

Went through another fantasy draft, I just can't get enough of them I think. This team plays really well, despite being 2-3-3, they are closing a lot of gaps when trailing after the second, and Martin Brodeur is injured so it's Pascal Leclaire taking the brunt of these last few games. Darcy Tucker leads the team with 10 goals, and is tied with Marian Hossa for tops in the league. Martin St. Louis leads the team in assists and points, as well as the league. Dan Boyle leads the league in average ice time, averaging 32 minutes a game right now. I also have Wellwood, who has been stuck pulling 4th line duty most of the time, as Turgeon and Fisher are playing well enough to hold 2nd and 3rd. My top line combined has 34 points between them. I'm very pleased with the fact they are puting up numbers, but we're also letting in way too many goals, as a result of our shallow defensive core. I'll post again when I get farther into the season.

Guest Grapehead

I must be awful with this game, cause my team is incredibly sick on paper now, especially with all guns firing on offense. We're sitting 14th in the league, however we have been playing a hundred times better defensively since the addition of Boyle on defense, and Lundqvist in goal. Martin Brodeur is complete bollocks in this game, don't ever bother with him, cause I haven't seen him play good on any team, even ones I wasn't controlling.

Strangely, in two seasons as a Fantasy Drafted Chicago, Martin Brodeur has taken the Vezina twice, despite me voting against him both times. Somehow, Kristian Huselius has bloomed into a hell of a wing, and I can safely say my front line of him, Crosby and Jagr is the most terrifying in the league. Factor in Jay Bouwmeester and Bryan McCade as the top defensive pairing and Cam Ward in goal, and you've got an insane team.