NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

I have only ever once picked a player in any EHM game I've played, and that was Bryan Little in a game I played last season. I never expect to get prospects who are NHL ready right away, though. I have had some really great players come from my drafts, though.

EDIT - Does anyone else feel that, when playing as an NHL team, it is good to get some decent players for your AHL affiliate? I don't know if it actually helps, but I would imagine that being on a winning team and getting playoff experience at the AHL level would be beneficial for prospects, so I sometimes pick up decent veteran players to give me some depth, but more to strengthen the AHL team.

Edited by desiredtoe

Oh, no, I definitely don't do that. I picked Sam Gagner I think 3rd in the 2007 draft, and I did sign him, but he's spending at least this season with London. I've actually got a stupidly good crop of youngsters coming through thanks to canny trading - for example, Marc Staal would be my 4th best defenseman were he in the team now (he's currently with Dayton, like many of my youngsters too old for the juniors), both Cann and Bernier are developing well in goal and Peter Mackie is just ridiculous in scoring in the ECHL, he has about a PPG ratio of 2.

EDIT: I don't usually do that, but occasionally teams waive players who would be good for the team, so I'll make a claim and pick them up. I usually stock the AHL team with youngsters like above, although in this case, they've all be sent to the ECHL.

Edited by Be

In 2005 my AHL was near unstoppable I even sent Eaves down the first season and then he came up the next season and had 100 points as a rookie. Was beat out by Wolski though for the Calder.

Sam Gagner never really developed for me in Nashville after a took him first overall, which is one of the reasons why I had 4 losing seasons out of 6. From 2009-20012 he did this...

76 Gagner, Sam 81 8 27 35 -32 34 101 7.9 6.44

76 Gagner, Sam 54 6 19 25 -7 24 76 7.9 6.52

76 Gagner, Sam 71 12 27 39 7 26 73 16.4 6.44

My best draft pick has been by far Ryan Wilson and I'm planning on taking him early on in my first draft with the Maple Leafs:

45 Wilson, Ryan 82 7 28 35 -14 90 158 4.4 7.10

45 Wilson, Ryan 77 6 28 34 -9 104 145 4.1 6.96

45 Wilson, Ryan 82 18 29 47 -7 118 229 7.9 7.43

45 Wilson, Ryan 57 15 28 43 12 92 155 9.7 7.68

45 Wilson, Ryan 82 22 40 62 28 72 221 10.0 7.41

Latendresse took rookie of the year honors in 08/09. He put up 45 points and a +28 rating in 82 games. I finished that season with 109 points, another 50 win season, I was in 4th place. I got dropped like it was hot by Boston in 5 in the first round. That really pissed me off, but I did have 7 rookies on my roster.

Latendresse took rookie of the year honors in 08/09. He put up 45 points and a +28 rating in 82 games. I finished that season with 109 points, another 50 win season, I was in 4th place. I got dropped like it was hot by Boston in 5 in the first round. That really pissed me off, but I did have 7 rookies on my roster.

In my game with Chicago, Marco Sturm and Martin Havlat are tearing it up and the team sits in 3rd in the West, with Detroit and Columbus just behind me for the division lead.

To help for the playoff drive and to improve the team, I added Alexei Ponikarovsky, Tomas Kaberle and Jan Bulis. Kaberle has really helped my average powerplay turn great, Ponikarovsky brings some good two way play to the third line and Bulis will give me left wing depth that I have not had all year.

After this season, I may move Aucoin because I now have Kaberle. I need to get rid of some salary, and I don't expect the board to raise my budget. Maybe I can get a good draft pick or prospect for him. He has been decent, but thats about it.

I already have my first rounder and Colorado's (and they are doing shitty).

At the deadline, last minute, I picked up Martin Biron for a fourth round pick. Khabibulin has been so inconsistent, so Biron will be my back-up for now and will take over next year if I can somehow deal Khabibulin.

EDIT - AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Biron's first game for me was against the first place Sharks, a team that has dominated everyone. He fucking shut the door in a 3-0 win, and Khabibulin let in only 2 last time we faced them in a 4-2 win. WE OWN THE SHARKS.

Edited by desiredtoe

Biron is good enough for now, and Price will cost me a huge amount (as I have already looked into getting him this season).

EDIT - 11 goals in 9 games from Weiss and my top line is on fuckin' fire. Marco Sturm, Stephen Weiss and Martin Havlat are killer, they have just dominated opponents. Havlat has a 7 game point streak going, while Weiss and Sturm are at 6. My second line makes up for the lack of size on this line, with Micheal Handzus centering for Jan Bulis and Alexei Ponikarovsky.

Edited by desiredtoe

I do not believe this. First, Mike Peca goes down with a broken shin and John Madden suffers a torn ACL. They both recover, they both play a part in pushing us almost to the playoffs.

Then Mike Peca gets a torn ACL. I shout expletives, but survive.

Then John Madden gets a broken shin.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I do not believe this. First, Mike Peca goes down with a broken shin and John Madden suffers a torn ACL. They both recover, they both play a part in pushing us almost to the playoffs.

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Wow.....that is some shit ass luck. I think the worst I had was Sundin go down for about a month, play a game, and out for a few more weeks after.