NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

I got really lucky. Marco Sturm has been the star for my Blackhawks, but I got him to sign for two extra years for 200,000 more then what he makes more as soon as he arrived in town.

Same thing with Handzus. Right away he signed on for two more years for only 2,000 more a year, and he is also looking at a career year in points and assists.

You know what I just realised we need? Conditional picks. I'm negotiating with Pittsburgh over getting rid of Sergei Fedorov, as he's ridiculously expensive and is nothing Chris Drury's not already doing for us, and it occurred to me I'd liked to have seen it.

Hah. No sooner do I say that than Fedorov fucks off for their '08 2nd rounder, then Toronto gives up Mike Peca for a 5th-round pick...in 2009.

Edited by Be

When I last played the game (before my demo expired).....I had Wade Belak(sp?) get suspended for 7 games with a game misconduct, and the game he got back, he was then suspended for 10 games. Maybe I shouldn't have set his fighting stat to "encouraged"

I'm about done the off-season of 2008 and am about to enter the 2008-2009 season. I lost Dandenault on waivers when I was trying to buy-out his contract to make room for another player. I didn't particularly feel like spending 1.8 million on a player who plays maybe 12 games a season. Nobody wanted to trade for him though.

I'm about to enter the pre-season. But right now, my lines look a little something like this...

Samsonov - Koivu - Kovalev(These three combined for 270 points last season, they were all in top 15 scoring)

Vasicek - Conroy - Ekman(Conroy was a PPG player, Ekman a 40 goal scorer and Vasicek is my newest acquisition comming off of a dissapointing season in Buffalo.)

Higgins - McCauley - Ryder(These three are a combined +43 last season, Ryder was a 39 goal scorer, he'll probably bounce between the third and second line depending on play and injuries)

Grabovsky - M.Koivu - Weinhandl(This line was +42 last season, Koivu plays very well with Weinhandl and Grabs setting both up for 50 point seasons)

Vaananen - Morris(Both player with ratings over 8 last season, Their speed and skill should anchor the blue line)

McGillis - Roszival(Between the two they were a +56 last season)

Streit - Komisarek(the last of the original defence from the 2007 season. Komisarek was a team leading +41 and Streit put up 35 points)

Huet(Just signed a 4 year 16 million dollar deal, he's comming off an amazing 40+ win season)

Price(This will count as his rookie year but he played in 6 games last season going 4-1-0 with a 2.02 GAA)

I'm about done the off-season of 2008 and am about to enter the 2008-2009 season. I lost Dandenault on waivers when I was trying to buy-out his contract to make room for another player. I didn't particularly feel like spending 1.8 million on a player who plays maybe 12 games a season. Nobody wanted to trade for him though.

I'm about to enter the pre-season. But right now, my lines look a little something like this...

Samsonov - Koivu - Kovalev(These three combined for 270 points last season, they were all in top 15 scoring)

Vasicek - Conroy - Ekman(Conroy was a PPG player, Ekman a 40 goal scorer and Vasicek is my newest acquisition comming off of a dissapointing season in Buffalo.)

Higgins - McCauley - Ryder(These three are a combined +43 last season, Ryder was a 39 goal scorer, he'll probably bounce between the third and second line depending on play and injuries)

Grabovsky - M.Koivu - Weinhandl(This line was +42 last season, Koivu plays very well with Weinhandl and Grabs setting both up for 50 point seasons)

Vaananen - Morris(Both player with ratings over 8 last season, Their speed and skill should anchor the blue line)

McGillis - Roszival(Between the two they were a +56 last season)

Streit - Komisarek(the last of the original defence from the 2007 season. Komisarek was a team leading +41 and Streit put up 35 points)

Huet(Just signed a 4 year 16 million dollar deal, he's comming off an amazing 40+ win season)

Price(This will count as his rookie year but he played in 6 games last season going 4-1-0 with a 2.02 GAA)

I started a Italy game late last night and so far it is going okay. We started off ranked 17 in the world and my goal is top 5 and a medal in the Olympics. The Euro Challenge was the first tournament I guess.

We started in Group A with Slovenia, Netherlands and Poland. After getting destroyed by Slovenia, 7-1, the team managed to get two big wins against Netherlands and Poland with scores 7-1 and 7-3. We still only finished second in the group behind Slovenia.

We then moved to Group E where we were put in with Denmark, Latvia and France. Going into the Denmark game we thought we would win but lost in overtime 3-2. In are second game we faced Latvia. Now I was sure we were going to lose but with a goal in the last ten seconds Tony Tuzzolino scored a great sniper shot from the left face off circle for the game winning goal. This would all be for nothing when we lost to France 3-2. We ended this group stage in third.

This now brings us to the next group stage. We were placed with Netherlands, Denmark and Slovenia. We made quick work of the Netherlands with a 4-2 win and then played probably one of our best team games against Denmark with a 3-1 win. This then brought us back to the game against Slovenia. Whoever wins this game would win this group as I was standing at 2-0-0 and Italy was 1-0-1. This was the last game of this group and it proved to be one of the most exciting. Italy managed to lead the first period 3-1 but slowly Slovenia made there comeback as they scored a goal in the second and then managed to end the third at a 5-5 tie. Overtime went by fast as both teams were still tied. The shootout was are downfall though. Because the team doesn't have a great amount of skill players we rely on passing plays. We managed to score are first goal but then lost the shootout 3-1. Slovenia has are number and the day we beat them will be glorious.

The final group stage was now upon us as we were put with France, Netherlands and Ukraine. With revenge in mind we went into the France game looking to win and we put on a great performance with a 5-1 victory. Next up Netherlands. Having not lost to them yet the odds were heavily in our favor. We won 3-0. Next up was Ukraine. We didn't know what to suspect from them as they have played well but then have played like shit. We got them when they played well. We lost 3-0. Even with this lost we managed to win the Euro Challenge Group L.

Amidst all these games we were selected to join the World Championships Prelim. This is what we need to show that Italy means busy. It will be tough to get by the Prelim. stage as we are in Group A with Latvia, Switzerland and Sweden. We beat Latvia before so hopefully we can repeat but Switzerland was very impressive in the last Olympics against many great NHL players. Are toughest competition comes from Sweden though. I have know idea who will be on the team but I am sure they will win. These games are only two months away so we have lots of time to prepare. I will use this time to scout players and hopefully have a greater team then I did in the Euro Challenge,

I started a Italy game late last night and so far it is going okay. We started off ranked 17 in the world and my goal is top 5 and a medal in the Olympics. The Euro Challenge was the first tournament I guess.

We started in Group A with Slovenia, Netherlands and Poland. After getting destroyed by Slovenia, 7-1, the team managed to get two big wins against Netherlands and Poland with scores 7-1 and 7-3. We still only finished second in the group behind Slovenia.

We then moved to Group E where we were put in with Denmark, Latvia and France. Going into the Denmark game we thought we would win but lost in overtime 3-2. In are second game we faced Latvia. Now I was sure we were going to lose but with a goal in the last ten seconds Tony Tuzzolino scored a great sniper shot from the left face off circle for the game winning goal. This would all be for nothing when we lost to France 3-2. We ended this group stage in third.

This now brings us to the next group stage. We were placed with Netherlands, Denmark and Slovenia. We made quick work of the Netherlands with a 4-2 win and then played probably one of our best team games against Denmark with a 3-1 win. This then brought us back to the game against Slovenia. Whoever wins this game would win this group as I was standing at 2-0-0 and Italy was 1-0-1. This was the last game of this group and it proved to be one of the most exciting. Italy managed to lead the first period 3-1 but slowly Slovenia made there comeback as they scored a goal in the second and then managed to end the third at a 5-5 tie. Overtime went by fast as both teams were still tied. The shootout was are downfall though. Because the team doesn't have a great amount of skill players we rely on passing plays. We managed to score are first goal but then lost the shootout 3-1. Slovenia has are number and the day we beat them will be glorious.

The final group stage was now upon us as we were put with France, Netherlands and Ukraine. With revenge in mind we went into the France game looking to win and we put on a great performance with a 5-1 victory. Next up Netherlands. Having not lost to them yet the odds were heavily in our favor. We won 3-0. Next up was Ukraine. We didn't know what to suspect from them as they have played well but then have played like shit. We got them when they played well. We lost 3-0. Even with this lost we managed to win the Euro Challenge Group L.

Amidst all these games we were selected to join the World Championships Prelim. This is what we need to show that Italy means busy. It will be tough to get by the Prelim. stage as we are in Group A with Latvia, Switzerland and Sweden. We beat Latvia before so hopefully we can repeat but Switzerland was very impressive in the last Olympics against many great NHL players. Are toughest competition comes from Sweden though. I have know idea who will be on the team but I am sure they will win. These games are only two months away so we have lots of time to prepare. I will use this time to scout players and hopefully have a greater team then I did in the Euro Challenge,