NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

Oh fuck. Not only do I have to decide between Downie or Barker, but the Senators offered me a good deal for Downie too.

Senators offered me Anton Volchenkov, Antoinne Vermette and the rights to Brian Lee and Pierre-Marc Lessard for Downie and and the rights to Andreas Nodl.

Oh fuck. Not only do I have to decide between Downie or Barker, but the Senators offered me a good deal for Downie too.

Senators offered me Anton Volchenkov, Antoinne Vermette and the rights to Brian Lee and Pierre-Marc Lessard for Downie and and the rights to Andreas Nodl.

I'm leaning towards the Ottawa deal, even though Vermette would only be on my fourth line and Volchenkov would be in tough competition with Denis Gauthier and Jussi Timonen for the 6th defenceman spot. I got mad depth, yo.

Brian Lee does look like an outstanding prospect though. I just would hate to give up Downie, who appears to be the exact type of player I want playing in Philly.

Being a GM is tough work :shifty:

So apparently there is a bug where if you get a job offer from another team and you use the quick responds (buttons right in the message) if you click reject you actually accept and vice versa. That is only with job offers though. I haven't seen it yet but seems like a stupid mistake on the ehm teams part. Hopefully they will release a quick fix for that.

Guest Grapehead

Guest Grapehead

Well since he doesn't produce a lot offensively, so most Rocket fans don't give him any credit, but as far as defensive ability he's showing some upside these days. Did you end up taking the trade, then?

Guest Grapehead

I started a game with the Penguins, but my friends stats that I changed were still in effect(cause I forgot about them), otherwise it's kind of interesting. I should note, some trades I felt were invaluable, so I wasn't overly concerned with what I was giving up, even though it seems unreasonable. Firstly I traded John Leclair, rights to Eric Soderberg, 1st in 07, 1st in 08, and 2nd in 09 to SJ for Milan Michalek, Vesa Toskala, and a 4th in 07. Next I moved a 5th in 07 to NJ for John Madden. Then I moved Gonchar to Col for Karlis Skrastins, Patrice Brisebois, and Andrew Brunette. After that I signed Peter Bondra from UFA and sent Michel Ouellet and a 5th in 09 to LA for Mattias Norstrom. Then I moved 1st picks in 09, 10, and 11 to Ott for the rights to my friend(B. Smith) with the altered stats(just because I could). I've been trying to move Recchi as well, but when I got him to the point of wanting to be traded, by the time I found a reasonable trade I liked, he was happy with the team again. So basically the Pens will never draft in the first round with their own picks, for now, which is ok because we have a lot of young talent and first rounders already in our system, plus we will be able to trade for 1st picks later. Anyways with all that my lines look like this.

Madden - Smith - Crosby (Smith is only fluent at C so I moved Crosby to RW to keep them together)

Michalek - Malkin - Bondra (This line is tearing it up)

Ekman - Moore - Recchi

Brunette - Malone - Armstrong (these last two lines change by game, occasionally Michalek moves up and Madden will move down to accomodate Brunette getting some second line action)

Norstrom - Brisebois

Skrastins - Whitney

Melichar - Orpik

Toskala - Fleury

So far we are in pre-season, we lost 4-2 to NYI, but won 10-0 against NSH, 8-1 against DAL, and 8-0 against VAN. Bondra and Michalek each have 13 points over those 4 games, Malkin is 3rd with 9 points, Crosby has only played 2 and has 5 points, and Smith should be contributing when he plays his first game with us. Toskala and Fleury have both played good, but they aren't being overly tested as our defense has kept shot counts low, while our offense is running up our shot totals. We play MTL and BUF back to back before getting a week off before opening night against PHI, should be a really good season, with a lot more youth running the offense, and really GOOD veterans to support them. I'd still like to move Recchi, but he's not holding much value.

I could never stand to dump that many first round picks.

My team now sits in second in the east, I have the most depth in the league with players like RJ Umberger and Denis Gauthier sitting out games. It's mid January, and I really don't see myself making anymore moves. Robert Esche has suddenly become fantastic, being named the defensive player of the week a couple times. He already has 4 shutouts!

Guest Grapehead

Ya, I only have a 1st rnd pick in 08, however I might be close to getting a 1st in 07 from BUF in a deal for Recchi. Anyways, so far we're not doing to good, we're playing the complete opposite of the preseason, scoring 3 goals in the first two games of the regular season. I expect we'll be better than this, just have to find a good strategy for my lines. Also they haven't really had the practices take much effect yet.