NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007

CKN

It has happened. Look at your goaltenders stats, if he doesn't have good positioning then that can happen. Look at the work rate and determination of some of your players, you need that to be high as well on most of your players or they will lay off with the lead or quit when you start to lose.

I don't think it's so much Lehtonen's fault than some of the players, because we've gone from things such as 20 shots to their 4 in the first period, to by the end of the 2nd at about 25 shots a piece, and then by the end of the match we're 30 shots to their 45 etc.

So I guess I'll take a look at team work, work rate and stamina on my players.

Mind you, as Basha will know, the entire team is basically needing redone.

Can anyone whose far into a game look at Ilya Nulkyin (i'm not sure thats his name - so sorry if it's spelt wrong - and i'm sure it is!) he's Russian, and his first name is definately Ilya. He's contracted to the Thrashers, I have him coming in on June 7 or whenever and he looks beastly.

Also I thought I'd done so well when I picked up Bates Battaglia off waivers from the Leafs, he started off well and scored. Then a few games later he went down with a small injury, came back and is now out for 2 weeks - hope this isn't a trend. Also Vigier went down for 6 months, but all that means is that Kapnan is guaranteed a starting spot on the 4th line.

It is also funny to see the +/- of Derian Hatcher half way through the season. In my game with Philly, I sent him to the Penguins for nearly nothing, and he is a beastly -28.

Ace, would you mind posting your line-up?

Edited by desiredtoe

Here comes a good ribbing, it varies, i took some advice from Basha too, so if in doubt - blame him, not me.

When fully fit I believe it is

Kovalchuk - Holik - Hossa

Kozlov - Metropolit - Bondra

Battaglia - Rucchin - Mellanby

Larsen - Kapanen - Sim (I think, not sure on Larsen)

de Vries - Havelid

McCarthy - Dandenault

Vishinevski - Sutton/Coburn - Coburn is still young so I like to keep alternating him because while his size and strength and speed are all intimidating, his still not a great checker, pokechecker etc.

Lehtonen

Hedberg

Relatively unchanged, I don't like to trade everyone and have a whole new team immediately.

I've been pushing for Tomas Kloucek, but about 8 times later we've always failed to come to a deal. I have Ilya Nikyulin (sp?) coming at the end of the season, and my salary cap is looming.

I'm kind of hoping I'm back to winning ways, but I can't help but think at 4/9 on the powerplay we got some additional help.

Nothing like being out shot 9-1 early on, before scoring 3 on the powerplay and finally finishing 48-22 on the shots.

Hoping it'll be all okay though and we'll get back on a good run.

The defence is average, I'm looking to make some changes - I've been pretty adamant on getting Kloucek but i think my salaries have gotten a little out of control.

The only player I'd give up for him was Sutton but he's on a £1m contract which obviously they don't want. Getting rid of him would help, I already gave up a 4* prospect for Dandenault (incidentally Jackets wanted same person for Kloucek but he was already off to Montreal). I don't really wanna give up another recruit, also I have Bryan Little at Chicago in the AHL, i'm just sort of waiting for a moment I can bring him up.

Hopefully I can offload Boulton, Hnidy and Exelby sometime who have all been sent down to Chicago, they don't fit into my plans in anyway and eat up money that could be spent elsewhere.

Bryan Little should have been sent back to the OHL. Now you've probably killed my Barrie Colts!

You won't be able to improve just be trading Exelby, Boulton or Hnidy, but you could probably unload them for low round picks. I would keep one just in case, though.

Why would he have killed the Barrie Colts? Also I just want to free up some space, Hnidy needs to go. He's a total waste of space. Sutton is getitng £1m a year to rotate 3rd line defensive duties with someone who just finished preschool basically.

So I am just starting a new game with the Senators (my first real game made with them in 2007). In this game I might do things that some sens fans want to happen eg. trade alfredsson, make mike fisher captain etc.

http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&...article_id=1260

That's the link that was put up early by CKN. I used it, it worked for me.

EDIT - In my game as Philly, I was just offered by the Blackhawks, straight up, Cam Barker for Steve Downie. I am totally unsure what to do. I have a lot of young forwards with the team already like Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, but I see captain potential in Downie as well. Barker, however, is NHL ready (except my defence is good as is, so he would be in the AHL this year) and could develop into an amazing offensive defenceman.

Edited by desiredtoe

Also try out ehmtheblueline

Doesn't the home site and forums use different logins though <_<

For people that don't know one of the newspapers had a poll at the end of last season. It listed every player on the team and three boxes next to them named "Trade Him", "Keep Him" and "Give Him A Raise". A surprising amount had Alfredsson as trade him. 100% had Fisher as keep him and give him a raise. If I can find the paper around here (I kept it as I found it interesting) I might use it as my base for this game even though some players are already gone (eg. Hasek)