2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on Bondra for number 500.

The refs were inconsitent tonight if you compare the first and second periods since alot of shit was let go in the first. In the second, all the calls on the Hawks were good calls but they did miss a few on the Leafs thats for sure.

We fucked up tonight, that pretty much explains it all.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see no more Peca this year. I hope JFJ resigns the guy.

Edited by Clawson

Poor Peca, though O'Neill and Mo are probably just frustrated as I don't find Vandermeer at fault for it.

CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Toronto Maple Leafs center Michael Peca on Friday suffered a torn MCL ligament in his right knee and has a fractured right tibia.

Peca suffered the injury in the first period of the Maple Leafs' 3-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks when he collided with Chicago defenseman Jim Vandermeer in a knee-on-knee collision at 14:43. Vandermeer was assessed a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct.

"My legs were together and I turned out of the way," Vandermeer said. "We did hit knee on knee, but it was more him trying to get out the way then me throwing something out there to hit him."

In 34 games with Toronto this season, the 32-year old Peca has four goals and 11 assists.

"It's tough when you see a guy (Vandermeer) who can barely play in this league take out one of the best players in this league," Toronto center Jeff O'Neill said. "I don't know if he meant to do it or no

Two things:

Don Taylor saying after Wade Belak got a stick in the eye and was cut very badly "but more serious for the Maple Leafs" about Michael Peca's injury. More serious then a potentially career ending injury to Wade Belak? HOW DARE YOU SIR.

Also, Wayne Gretzky ruined Christmas. :(

Poor Peca, though O'Neill and Mo are probably just frustrated as I don't find Vandermeer at fault for it.

CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Toronto Maple Leafs center Michael Peca on Friday suffered a torn MCL ligament in his right knee and has a fractured right tibia.

Peca suffered the injury in the first period of the Maple Leafs' 3-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks when he collided with Chicago defenseman Jim Vandermeer in a knee-on-knee collision at 14:43. Vandermeer was assessed a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct.

"My legs were together and I turned out of the way," Vandermeer said. "We did hit knee on knee, but it was more him trying to get out the way then me throwing something out there to hit him."

In 34 games with Toronto this season, the 32-year old Peca has four goals and 11 assists.

"It's tough when you see a guy (Vandermeer) who can barely play in this league take out one of the best players in this league," Toronto center Jeff O'Neill said. "I don't know if he meant to do it or no

I really hope that Peca can recover from this injury, and I am not saying that in terms of the Leafs succeeding. This is the second horrible injury Peca has suffered to his legs, I hope he takes his time and recovers fully from this.

Belak's cut was nasty, but he is fine, except for a good scar.

2 periods down, and Toronto is losing 3 - 0, with all three goals against coming on the powerplay. The lose of Peca is really being felt. I am really becoming depressed with this team.

Mats Sundin made a game of it, scoring twice, but Toronto couldn't get that third goal and have now lost three in a row.

Edited by desiredtoe

This is the second time ass officiating has ruined a game for me this year. Again it was the jerkoffs in Boston. Now this might not be as bad as last time there was a Habs game in Boston and the referee's ineptitude cost Montreal the game, but last night, Boston's 3rd goal was ass as Rivet was taken out of the play with a blatant high stick right in the kisser, right in front of the refs. No call. Then Montreal scored a tying goal, but it was disallowed by the refs discussing it with each other behind the net. The problem was that Boyes pushed Kovalev, twice, into Thomas as the puck was going in. The ref's after discussion and not video review where it is clearly seen that Kovalev is cross-checked into the goalie, they disallow the goal and give Kovalev a penalty for Goaltender Interference.

Fucking idiots in Boston.

Guest Grapehead

This is the second time ass officiating has ruined a game for me this year. Again it was the jerkoffs in Boston. Now this might not be as bad as last time there was a Habs game in Boston and the referee's ineptitude cost Montreal the game, but last night, Boston's 3rd goal was ass as Rivet was taken out of the play with a blatant high stick right in the kisser, right in front of the refs. No call. Then Montreal scored a tying goal, but it was disallowed by the refs discussing it with each other behind the net. The problem was that Boyes pushed Kovalev, twice, into Thomas as the puck was going in. The ref's after discussion and not video review where it is clearly seen that Kovalev is cross-checked into the goalie, they disallow the goal and give Kovalev a penalty for Goaltender Interference.

Fucking idiots in Boston.

All Northwest teams are within one point (38, 38, 38, 37, 37). Assuming Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville, Detroit and Dallas are locks for playoffs (which they are not, it's early), things in that division will get more interesting in 2007. Chicago has 37 points and are battling Northwest for the remaining three playoff spots, so as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to root for Detroit tonight against Minnesota. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping Northwest teams lose all their interdivisional games.