-- ROFL

- Better Parity

-- Blackhawks Still Suck

- New Uniforms For Everyone!

-- And By Everyone We Mean Buffalo

- Better League Prosperity

-- Dropping Attendance And A TV Deal You Need Rabbit Ears For

The Lockout was a LIE!

Philly is going for the Anaheim formula of dressing 3-4 superstar players and then 18 scrubs. The PROBLEM with that idea is two fold; one, Philly needs a goalie, the ones they have right now do not match the Anaheim tandem. Secondly, Philadelphia has not been able to produce the same amount or quality of young talent. Besides Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, the last two players to come up through Philly's system and make real NHL impact are Simon Gagne and Joni Pitkanen. They want to trade Pitkanen and Gagne is hardly young talent anymore, so going this route is... illogical. I understand WHY they're doing it, but it's not going to work, and it's sad to watch since I like the Flyers.

That's not a terrible deal then, it's 6.5 million, which is about upper echelon market value for a ninety point guy. Look at what Joe Thornton got, it's a fair deal.

Zednik signs with Florida. 2 years, $3.25 million. Good guy to have around.

The Flames signed Cory Sarich to a five year, $18 million deal... why? That's money that could have been spent elsewhere. The Flames defense is stacked, unless they're not planning on even sending offers to Stuart or Hamrlik.

Rafalski to Detroit! Five year, $30 million contract. Best deal I've seen yet.

Schneider is in Anaheim now too, 2 years, $5.5 million the first season, $5.75 on the second. I'm not sure how I feel about that one yet.

Apparently the Ducks signed Mathieu Schneider for two years at $5.6 averaged. I guess he's Plan B.

Richard Zednik also apparently signs in Florida. A decent signing, he's really underrated and Florida could use some forward who don't mind going into corners (to contrast the boatload of vaginas they already have).

Wow at Detroit. Trading Schneider for Rafalski, ballsy move, but a smart one.

Yanic Perreault agrees to terms with the Chicago Blackhawks on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

Good deal for both sides. Panic Yanic will be a good fit. The Hawks should pick up more veteran players like him to help with the development of their younger guns.

Chicago should be a fun team to watch next year, with Teowes more than likely playing for the big club.

It's looking like Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith have been sent to Philadelphia, from Edmonton, in exchange for Geoff Sanderson and Jani Pitkanen.

I'm not really sure which of those teams got the best end of the deal... if Pitkanen and Lupul have seasons like they did last year, then I'll give it to Philly... but if Pitkanen can rebound from an off-year, and with the addition of a great veteran winger in Sanderson, the Oilers may well have made an excellent deal here.

EDIT: ESPN is reporting that Scott Gomez signed a 7 year deal with the Rangers.

Edited by Sterling Gabe Keenan

That's not a terrible deal then, it's 6.5 million, which is about upper echelon market value for a ninety point guy. Look at what Joe Thornton got, it's a fair deal.

And he got put in a good situation where he'll continue to produce, unlike if he went to many of the teams that surely would've liked to get him.

Now Buffalo can spend that money on 3-4 players while also keeping Drury, smart move on their part in the end I think.

Edmonton also resigns Dick Tarnstrom. Pitkanen/Tarnstrom is not Pronger/Spacek, but it's better then Smith/Staios.

8:21pm et

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed G Dany Sabourin to a two-year deal worth $1.025 million.

7:59pm et

The Washington Capitals have signed forward Viktor Kozlov to a two-year deal worth $5 million.

7:47pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Chris Drury to a five-year deal worth $35.25 million.

7:34pm et

The New York Rangers have signed forward Scott Gomez to a seven-year deal worth $51.5 million.

7:32pm et

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed winger Jason Blake to a five-year deal worth $20 million.