2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa didn't play a horrible game. The game was much closer than the score would have you believe. A couple bad bounces and stupid penalties though, and things start to add up.

Another great game in this series, and it's nice to see Teemu Selanne finally get himself a cup. Having spent most of my life living in Cranbrook, BC, it's especially nice to see Rob and Scott taking it as well.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

'Financial' trouble? Because the Canadians running the Ducks know how to put together a good hockey team?

Kudos to the Ducks...nice to see Pronger finally win one, the Neidermayers win one together, and Teemu win one in Anaheim (although obviously the Colorado one means a lot more to me).

'Financial' trouble? Because the Canadians running the Ducks know how to put together a good hockey team?

Kudos to the Ducks...nice to see Pronger finally win one, the Neidermayers win one together, and Teemu win one in Anaheim (although obviously the Colorado one means a lot more to me).

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm not sure what you meant with your last comment...but this is Selanne's first ever cup in his 14 years in the league.

Guest puremadness45

Anaheim wins the cup. I'm calling it right now.

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

You know, it's such a crazy feeling. You wait for 13 some odd years through the bad teams and the good. When the Ducks lost in 7 to the Devils, I always thought that was it and they might never get there again. But seeing them win and watching Teemu hold the cup over his head on the team he always should have played for... I almost cried.

Just an awesome moment.

I thought they would win it, but I was hoping for seven. Series that go to seven mean a lot more, they are more memorable.

If anything, this could be a good thing for teams in the area. I know it didn't for the Tampa Bay/Florida region, but it could be a spark to get people in LA and California interested in hockey.

According to TSN, Jerry Bruckheimer has talked to Gary Bettman about a team going Las Vegas. Bettman has said that any sort of expansion or relocation would be at least 4-5 years away.

Edited by desiredtoe

Guest Grapehead

Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks, Brian Burke specifically. I dunno which thread I said it in, but I said I would probably start cheering for Anaheim when I heard Brian Burke was down there, which makes this loss all the more heartbreaking. Nothing could really compare to Bryan Murray though, leaves Anaheim, after building a solid foundation, to coach Ottawa only to face his former team and lose.

I thought they would win it, but I was hoping for seven. Series that go to seven mean a lot more, they are more memorable.

If anything, this could be a good thing for teams in the area. I know it didn't for the Tampa Bay/Florida region, but it could be a spark to get people in LA and California interested in hockey.

According to TSN, Jerry Bruckheimer has talked to Gary Bettman about a team going Las Vegas. Bettman has said that any sort of expansion or relocation would be at least 4-5 years away.

Please no more expansion. PLEASE. I know there are all sorts of markets that deserve a team, but they have minor leagues and the like. The real hockey fans in the area could care less about the team's level anyway. I just do not want to see any larger than a 30-team league. 24 is my preferred number.

Also, congrats to Anaheim. They played like a team on a mission all year, and did well. Shame their sweaters make me vomit, but nobody's perfect.

Congrats to the Ducks. Nice to see Brian Burke smile and weird at the same time. Also cool to see the Niedermeyers hold the cup together, Giguere (one of my favorite goalies) get a cup victory and of course Selanne. With that said I am not disappointed with the Sens season. Sure I would have liked them to win but I am happy that we at least made it this far and I will be one of the many fans waiting at the airport tonight to welcome them home.

Clawson: The sens didn't choke they were outplayed by a team that in my opinion the Senators underestimated. Also maybe you shouldn't talk until your team of choice can consistently make the playoffs in the new NHL.

One last thing, props to Alfredsson for giving his all and showing the city of Ottawa he deserves to be the captain.