2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

I'm curious, is this like previous years where all of Canada is getting behind the last team reamining? I remember everyone became Flames fans in 04. Or is the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry so big that most Leafs fans don't care who makes it out of the East?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from a really shitty second period... the New York Rangers played a hell of a game, especially in the last 10 minutes of the third period.

They have come a long way from being an overpaid underachieving team just a few years ago.

My Eastern Final prediction: Buffalo over Ottawa in six.

Aside from a really shitty second period... the New York Rangers played a hell of a game, especially in the last 10 minutes of the third period.

They have come a long way from being an overpaid underachieving team just a few years ago.

My Eastern Final prediction: Buffalo over Ottawa in six.

I'm almost with you. I think Ottawa is going to stretch them to seven though. Sabres in seven. On the other side I'm still saying Anaheim in six, which leads to the Anaheim vs Sabres finals that I've been calling since the playoffs started.

I'm going to other way, I see it being Ottawa over Buffalo in 6 games.

I think Ottawa can match the speed and skill of Buffalo with their grit, and I think Ottawa has a much better defence then the Sabres do.

I think Ottawa can match the speed and skill of Buffalo with their grit, and I think Ottawa has a much better defence then the Sabres do.

While I'll agree that Ottawa has a better defence, I have to say that Ryan Miller is a much more solid goaltender than Ray Emery, and Emery's tendancy to gift-wrap rebounds for his opponents is going to be Ottawa's undoing.

I root for the Sens only because Rochester is fully effing loaded with bandwagonning douchebags that started supporting Buffalo in last year's playoffs only because they made them in the first place.

I refused to root for the Flames. I would likewise refuse to root for the Leafs, but the Sens are cool so fuck the world Ottawa.

If Morrison has any trade value whatsoever, he's gone. Naslund has an NTC and Vigneault loves him, not to mention the fact that the twins are his best friends. Unless his wife starts sleeping with the team, he sticks around.

Aside from the first 10 minutes last night, Ottawa outplayed Buffalo, and the Sabres had no right to win that game, so I'm not going to claim that they should have... but Daniel Alfredsson got away with murder last night, and it's bullshit. That was clearly a hit from behind, and he didn't even get 2 minutes for it... he just kinda slowly wandered off, looking around at the linesmen and ref because he knew it was from behind and he should have been penalized.