2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Canucks fell asleep and got destroyed by the Wild. You can't fall asleep against a trap team, once they get a lead it's lights out. The Canucks fought back but Gaborik + Demitra + NZT = deadness.

Man Gaborik looks good.

So the rumor going around right now is that the Canucks are looking at Peter Forsberg. They have no real options at centre with Morrison struggling, Linden playing the wing, Kesler and Chouinard sucking balls. The talk is that if Philly is rebuilding, the Canucks could pry away Forsberg for Cory Schneider, Ryan Kesler (because you know the Flyers want him) and a shit load of picks. The problem with that is that Kesler makes 1.9 million and Schnieder is unsigned, while Forsberg makes 5.75 million. That means the Canucks need to cut 3.85 million in cap salaries. Dropping Jan Bulis and Marc Chouinard frees up 2.4 million, but then you need to bring back at least .9 million to fill their roster space. The other option would be dropping Brendan Morrison's 3.2 million salary, the problem of course being would be finding a team that a) wants Morrison, b) can afford Morrison, c) would be willing to give up something for Morrison. All those things considered, I don't think it will happen, but I just thought I'd mention it. You know Forsberg would waive his NTC for the chance to play with fellow Swedes Naslund, Sedin, Sedin, and Ohlund. And you know that Floppa feeding Markus Naslund would be unstoppable.

Oh, and bring on the Laffs.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if bringing in Forsberg would be wise until all of his injury problems are solved. Naslaund and Forsberg would be a pretty good pairing though.

News is that Alexei Ponikarovsky will be back for tomorrow's game against the Canucks, and will be on the fourth line to start. He is having a good year so far and the Leafs need all the help they can get.

Oh, and bring on the Canucks.

Edited by desiredtoe

I don't see why people continue to bring up Sundin in trade rumours.

Sundin has a no-trade clause and has stated that he does not want to win the Stanley Cup, he wants to win the Stanley Cup with the Maple Leafs. And, even though he is growing older, he is still a player that can dominate at times and is highly skilled.

Borque was loyal too, he still knew when the time came to actually win something.

Pitkanen will not be available unless he wants out. Philly is rebuilding and he is a young defensemen, the kind you need to build around.

Doug Weight is also available again this year, FYI. Doug Weight is a deadline special every season, it seems.

If Toronto is going to move anyone this year to either move forward or rebuild a bit, it would be Tucker. He has to be worth something in trade considering the year he is having, and as a unrestricted free agent the Leafs could move to bring him back after the season if Tucker still wanted to be a Maple Leaf.

Yanic Perrault in the West gets into the All-Star based on clutch goals and what not. He deserves...but apparently Mats Sundin in the East does not.

That may be the biggest shafting yet, because without Mats in these past couple of weeks we would have been fucked worse.

I'm not worried about Mats not being voted in as a starter for the Eastern Conference. It was a vote by the fans and obviously, Sidney and Ovechkin are more popular then our boy Mats.

Have they announced the full rosters yet?

Wow, I didn't watch the game today, but I heard that even when we lost to Carolina 8-2 last season we played a better game. I was talking to someone at work who watched the game and he said it was the worst game Montreal has played in the last 10 years. 8-3?! 8 to motherfucking 3!!

Ottawa played a hell of a game from what I heard though*grumblecakes*

The general agreement around the water cooler at work was that this could be the turning point in our season when we just free-fall.

I can understand Gange as the NHL feels that every team I guess should have at least one representative, but when Jagr who is honestly helping the Rangers cause along side Shanahan, and Straka who is on pace for a career year do not make the all-star roster so we can see Justin Williams, who in my opinion is not even an all star. And I do think they could of picked a better Devils defensemen than Rafalski...

And no Kovakchuk and Afinogenov make me wonder if the league is watching the same games we are.

Such a piss poor choosing by the league.

AND NO RORY FITZPATRICK LOLZ!