Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Just saw the Zamora thing... meh. He's probably slightly unlucky. I doubt the second tackle would've been a booking if it wasn't about three seconds after the first one. He got the fucking ball for a start.

The Savage thing was awful though. Both should've been sent off: Savage booked for the awful tackle, Silva sent off for violent conduct, then Savage booked a second time for the dive :P It doesn't matter whether Silva made contact or not, he aimed a kick at another player with the intent to cause harm. You can't do that. But Savage's dive was the most quality piece of acting this season.

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks Henry's goal was insanely over hyped? The only thing that made it in any way "goal of the season candidate" was the fact that they were both in their own box when the move started. There was nothing terribly spectacular about the goal, Henry scores those all the time. It didn't warrant Lineker telling us after Casualty that we have to watch MOTD to see the goal of the season.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martins goal > Henry's, absolutely cracking.

People will say that Tottenham should have won, but just for pure work ethic, Newcastle deserved something. Maybe not the win, but I was happy to see them pull it off.

Spurs should have won with all the chances we had but we didn't deserve to because we didn't take them.

Martins' goal was good but I didn't think it was that special, especially with the quality of other goals we've already seen this season.

The Savage thing was awful though. Both should've been sent off: Savage booked for the awful tackle, Silva sent off for violent conduct, then Savage booked a second time for the dive :P It doesn't matter whether Silva made contact or not, he aimed a kick at another player with the intent to cause harm. You can't do that. But Savage's dive was the most quality piece of acting this season.

Martins' goal was good but I didn't think it was that special, especially with the quality of other goals we've already seen this season.

There have been better goals, sure, but it could be up there just for how unlikelyit was for him to score from where he did. As the pundits said, the defence and goalkeeper would have been perfectly happy with where Martins was going as he wasn't a threat whatsoever....until he lashed at the ball and found the top corner.

I'm a sucker for bullet like shots going in, and the fact he was travelling away from the goal made it even better for me.

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

Not really the Premiership, but I must say, Rijkaard putting his fist through that window panel when Espanyol scored their second goal and spending the rest of the game pouting and clutching his hand was one of the funniest things I've seen this season.

I can't find one of him pouting and holding his hand though, which is admittedly the funnier part.

Edit: I HAVE BEEN BEATEN!

Edited by President Ringiah Bartlet

Not when you've got Valdes in goal. No really, Victor Valdes is a horrible goalkeeper. Probably the worst playing for a big club. You would think Barca would have signed someone else.

Indeed, the BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6278299.stm

Goes so far as to predict Spurs will recieve a bye into the next round. Good news for the EWB Yiddo community.