Comic to film releases in the next few years...

DFF

I like the rumor that David O. Russell could be doing a Kitty Pryde movie...because you know that'd be two hours of weird discussion about sex with lots of celeb stars packed in. >_>

A Kitty Pryde movie...? My god that'd just suck. I mean really. I demand an over-abundance of Colossus and Lockheed, otherwise it'd sucky.

I like the rumor that David O. Russell could be doing a Kitty Pryde movie...because you know that'd be two hours of weird discussion about sex with lots of celeb stars packed in. >_>

A Kitty Pryde movie...? My god that'd just suck. I mean really. I demand an over-abundance of Colossus and Lockheed, otherwise it'd sucky.

Well, David O. Russell managed to make a movie about masturbation and existentialism interesting...he'd sure as hell make Kitty Pryde interesting.

Nobody but Joss Whedon can make Kitty Pryde interesting :angry:

Well, David O. Russell managed to make a movie about masturbation and existentialism interesting...he'd sure as hell make Kitty Pryde interesting.

Edited by ROC

Zak Penn ("X3") has been hired to write a screenplay for a film based on "The Avengers" comic series.

"The Avengers" comprised of many characters from the Marvel Universe and has a long history of decades of storylines. Some of the members who joined the team include The Hulk, Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Thor, Nick Fury, and Ant Man.

It remains to be seen how this movie will be done considering many of the characters are owned by different studios.

Credit: AintItCool.com

Fuck yes. Captain America? Nick Fury? Awesome

It'll just end up being how X3 ended up, with the focus on one or two guys with everyone else being left in the background. I'm not gonna say it won't work or I wouldn't see it, I just don't think they can do it "right" and give enough development to each character.

With their UN Charter the Avengers were limited to seven members. It's also worth noting that Marvel Studios are now producing their own films, and that the latest three to be announced have been Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor, three of the biggies from The Avengers. Do three solo films, then make The Avengers with those three, and say four lesser characters who couldn't headline a feature film on their own, like maybe The Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Wasp, and The Black Knight. Put them up against The Masters Of Evil led by Loki, and you have a really fun two hour film. It could work.

It's something I'd love to see DC and Warner do with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman once Whedon gets off his ass and makes her film. The Justice League live action films with the three icons, plus Hawkman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and say Green Arrow and Black Canary. Use the Justice League film to introduce those four new characters to the mainstream, then maybe launch one of them, like The Flash or Green Lantern, into a franchise of their own.

As for Watchmen, don't hold your breath on that film ever seeing the light of day. Better directors than Snyder have tried, and failed, to get the fucking thing off the ground for the better part of twenty years. When Gilliam says it's an unmakeable film, maybe you need to realize turning a twelve issue maxi series of that calibre into a two hour movie is not workable. Personally I'd much rather see it as a TV Series on say HBO. Same way I'd like to see Y The Last Man or 100 Bullets.