The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I believe so. It doesn't mention free or not, but it better be! :@ And apparently they are working on planes too. And an update to fix takedowns and other things will be coming soon as they are having frame rate problems on the Xbox update so only PS3 gets it tomorrow.

Still, I have to say i'm impressed with what they're doing with this game. Burnout is a franchise that has had a lot of sequels so it wouldn't have suprised me to see them move on from Paradise and work on a new game for next year or the year after. But they're sticking with this and adding new stuff which is great.

I wouldn't mind paying for this sort of content (as long as it was reasonable). Yet they're doing their utmost to make it free, which goes against the behaviour of pretty much every development studio/publishing house of recent times. how long this'll last however, is anyone's guess, as just look what EA tried to do with Bad Company.

According to a GamesTM Magazine article on the hit game Audiosurf, it mentions that the game "released via Steam to PC users and soon to Xbox Live Arcade." Double w00t! If you aren't familiar, Audiosurf is a pretty well received music inspired puzzle racer game where players ride a music "track" to collect colored blocks along the way. The most exciting feature Audiosurf sports is the ability to add your own MP3s to the game and play the music's racetrack. It's all very exciting stuff and hopefully Microsoft doesn't force them to cut the custom MP3 feature. If that happens, a ginormous piece of Audiosurf's soul would be lost.

Couldn't be bothered bumping the game thread, but yeah :D

If we're allowed to use our own ripped music then it'll work to a point. But the thing about it is you'll want to try all the music you'll listen to and I don't think most people will have the space or patience to rip all of their music to the hard drive.

Was just playing Vegas 2, got it til Friday. Not really impressed at all. Seems good offline, online seems poor.

Online would be awesome if the lobby system wasn't so shite.

Also, I was going to post about Audiosurf, it'll be cool if you can use custom music, otherwise there's really no point. But I wonder if it'd support streaming music, rather than having to rip each track to the harddrive (which wouldn't be so bad if you could whack thousands on at a time via memory stick).