The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Be, is your Xbox on the carpet? I had that same problem when I took mine round to a friend's house and it seemed to fix it when I moved it onto a wooden desk surface. No idea why that would affect the readability of the disk, but meh. Just make sure it's ventilated basically is my advice.

No, it's on my desk. I don't think it's got any ventilation problems. Also, I got just about the exact same messages from two "different" "people" at the Xbox support site when I emailed them my problem, neither of which was in way helpful. Do I need to call them now or is there another way?

Be, is your Xbox on the carpet? I had that same problem when I took mine round to a friend's house and it seemed to fix it when I moved it onto a wooden desk surface. No idea why that would affect the readability of the disk, but meh. Just make sure it's ventilated basically is my advice.

No, it's on my desk. I don't think it's got any ventilation problems. Also, I got just about the exact same messages from two "different" "people" at the Xbox support site when I emailed them my problem, neither of which was in way helpful. Do I need to call them now or is there another way?

I know it's not the most morally correct soultion, but you need to make your 360 RROD.

Otherwise if you send it in to them they're going to charge you $100 just to look at the damn thing, no matter what the problem is.

1. Pick yourself up a lens cleaner.

2. Insert lens cleaner.

3. If that doesn't work, be devious.

Of course this is all if your box isn't still under the 1 year warranty, if it is avoid my advice and call em up. 1-800-4MY-XBOX

I know it's not the most morally correct soultion, but you need to make your 360 RROD.

Otherwise if you send it in to them they're going to charge you $100 just to look at the damn thing, no matter what the problem is.

1. Pick yourself up a lens cleaner.

2. Insert lens cleaner.

3. If that doesn't work, be devious.

Of course this is all if your box isn't still under the 1 year warranty, if it is avoid my advice and call em up. 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Fuck and damn. It's already RRoD'd once before, if it does it again will I still be able to send it in and get it fixed? I'm going to go to the Gamestation and the GAME in town sometime soon and just ask if they've encountered the problem before. If they have, then that's at least a step in the right direction. I got the console pre-owned, so it may or may not still be under warranty, although I really doubt it.