The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

Let me get this straight, on the Series X, using my same Microsoft account I will still get my Xbox One games / purchases still that I can play? Do we know if family sharing will still be the same? 

You'll keep your purchases and I haven't heard anything to suggest that family sharing will change. Unless it's a game that requires Kinect, anything that works on an Xbox One will work on a Series X or S.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

You'll keep your purchases and I haven't heard anything to suggest that family sharing will change. Unless it's a game that requires Kinect, anything that works on an Xbox One will work on a Series X or S.

Sweet. Most of the games I play (including Gamepass) are because my brother owns them and subscribes to it.. :lol:

There's a nifty trick some people are using with EA Access on Xbox. When Access becomes EA Play and joins Game Pass, anyone who has time remaining on their Access subscriptions will have them automatically converted to Game Pass subscriptions at a ratio of 3:1.

That means that if you buy twelve months of EA Access through the Microsoft Store (£19.99 in the UK and $29.99 in the USA), it will be converted to four months of Game Pass in November. It's a good way to extend your Game Pass subscription for half the price.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

How hard is Doom Eternal? Like should I even bother to get it?

Sounds like there are a lot of difficulty levels, so should be able to find something that works for you! Plus, free on Gamepass, so it's worth a shot!

• Thanks 1

Xbox All Access is now available in Canada. $40 for the series X. Comes out to $960, which is about 100 less than it would be for the system and Gamepass Ultimate, which is nice. I am now in line on my work computer and on my cellphone. 

Edit: And ordered! $41.99 or something per month after tax, which I'm cool with. 

58 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Xbox All Access is now available in Canada. $40 for the series X. Comes out to $960, which is about 100 less than it would be for the system and Gamepass Ultimate, which is nice. I am now in line on my work computer and on my cellphone. 

Edit: And ordered! $41.99 or something per month after tax, which I'm cool with. 

I did not get an XBOX Series X or S. Nice humble brag. :( 

1 minute ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Are they showing as unavailable now? You should try!

Yep. 

9 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Are they showing as unavailable now? You should try!

Wait. Did you do it on EB Games website?

I had to do it through there as they couldn't just transfer my other pre-order so that was a pain in the ass. I get it though, it's essentially a loan through RBC so there needs to be some overhead there. I managed to get it though, so all is well.

Looks like they're full up because it's back to "coming soon".

1 hour ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Yeah, I checked after. I got it. 

This is fantastic because me and the hubby had some money set aside to potentially buy next gen. Now we are just going to use the money to buy a 4K TV to take in the XBOX. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RPS said:

Yeah, I checked after. I got it. 

This is fantastic because me and the hubby had some money set aside to potentially buy next gen. Now we are just going to use the money to buy a 4K TV to take in the XBOX. 

Yay! I am happy for you! 

• Like 1

Arkane Collection (Dishonored/Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider/Prey) and the Wolfenstein Alt History Collection (New Blood/New Colossus/Old Blood/Youngblood) are getting next-gen releases on the Series S/X. Cyberpilot isn't included in the Wolfenstein collection, but it's not in the PS4/Xbox One releases either.

Should be interesting to see if they pop up on PS5 as well, I thought it would be a long time until we saw the ramifications of the buyout in terms of exclusivity and what not. Not that I think this would be a precedent necessarily, there's a big difference between a re-release collection and a brand new release of say Fallout or Elder Scrolls but still might give us some sign of where things are headed.

On 05/10/2020 at 17:08, Rukaru Shida said:

This is actually a really great deal but I can't think of anything I'd want immediately on the Series X. Like, there's a bunch of stuff on PS5, either on launch or "coming soon" but I'm struggling to think what I could justify doing this deal for. Other than its a really fuckin good deal.

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Was going to pre install Gears Tactics but then I remembered I'll be playing it on a new console! :w00t:

Heck yeah!

I'm also looking forward to the new Yakuza game coming out on release. It sounds so ridiculous