The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

On 25/04/2018 at 16:52, Dang117 said:

May's games with gold have been announced: 

Super Megabaseball 2: May 1st- May 31st

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: May 16- June 15th

Streets Of Rage 1, 2 and 3: May 1st-May 15th

Vanquish: May 16th-May 31st

I'm downloading The Phantom Pain as we speak. You'll have to search for it in the Deals category, but it's there and it's free, a day early.

• 2 weeks later...

More people should play Smite even though they really should have just given away the founders pack edition for free instead of this gold bundle.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Am I missing something, or is the only way to pay for RDR via the Marketplace going to cost me £25?! I'm sure it was around £8 on release.

It's under a tenner on disc in CEX but still, a bit inconvenient.

It was just over £8 when it was on sale recently. £24.99 seems quite silly, especially when you can get a physical copy of the Game of the Year Edition for £11.99 at Argos. Clearly, they're hoping that hype for the sequel raises interest in the original game to the extent that people are willing to pay more for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brody said:

Yeah that game doesn't really pick up until after you've gotten past the ranch. The herding is really a bore.

Indeed.

Once was fine, but I'm sure there were 3 missions tied to herding by the end of that section.

Into Mexico now, where the real fun starts.

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Indeed.

Once was fine, but I'm sure there were 3 missions tied to herding by the end of that section.

Into Mexico now, where the real fun starts.

It's been said so many times over the last eight years, but making your way into Mexico with the Jose Gonzalez track playing lightly in the background was such a memorable experience.

• Like 1

There were so many fun missions. Maybe a little too much of shooting bad guys whilst riding a stagecoach shotgun before completing an objective, but all in all, there's plenty of variety. 

My biggest annoyances are the way setting up a camp worked so that you could fast travel, meaning you needed to ride away from a town before you could do it. And even worse, fast travelling to a mission marker, only to be told to return between the hours of 7am and 2pm etc. Then you'd need to ride away, set up camp and save the game so that it skipped 6 hours. If I can skip 6 hours through saving, just skip 6 hours when I want to start the mission! Hope that's been addressed for the the 2nd game.

Looking at a guide yesterday, I think I've done something like 41 of 58 main missions so I'm going at a decent pace. Once done with the main story, I'll either play some of the stranger missions and hideouts, or dive into Undead Nightmare which I also enjoyed.