The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

3 hours ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

Yes, though I still had the disc anyway. Murder ladder can live again!

And this time, we can record it :D

Also have L4D2 (although I never got into it as much as the first one) and RDR too. I'm away this weekend so no horseys til next week.

I don't know if it's applicable to anyone but some of the DLC for RDR is free now, basically everything but the Undead Nightmare stuff. So, grab Liars and Cheats and Legends and Killers if you don't already have them stand alone or from the Undead Nightmare collection.

Speaking of UN, as I understand you can still play the base game from the UN disc or the GotY version so wouldn't need to buy the base game again.

If I already had UN and that on 360 do I need to download everything again or how do I go about accessing it without  buying again?

I can has GTA now. Naturally the best part of two years away from it has only increased my ability to drive 20 metres without catching on fire, honest. 

Serious, I'll totally be your getaway driver and we totally will survive long enough to spend the loot. Totally. Honest. 

• Like 1

Cool.  Would be nice if we could get a consistent group of 4 to go through all the heists as I understand there are bonuses for doing so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with Horizon, the program that lets you mod 360 games? I've been on Operation Sports and they have a step-by-step walk through of how to add the College Football Playoff to the NCAA 14 football game. Just wondering if it's as simple as they make it seem.

Not in that particular context but I have used it to move DRM free games to a USB stick. That was relatively simple and worked fine but this, I imagine it will involve using someone elses saves? That one I could see being more tricky as the 360 will assign a save to the profile that makes it, I'm not sure how that'd work getting it re-assigned to yourself. I think if you try copying someone elses save on the 360 itself it will notify you that it gets transferred to you so maybe it's that simple?

• 2 weeks later...

So the Xbox One S 500gb will come bundled with EA Access for a month and a FIFA 17 download for £249, with the console coming out Sep 22.

Not sure what to do here as I'll be buying a physical copy of FIFA on ps4. Might sell the FIFA download on or just use it myself. I'll soon have an xbox again though! 

so finally let my oldest get an xbox live 12 month sub ... went to do a download of the black ops 2 (yeah yeah yeah way behind the times) map packs but when I press buy, the box pops up put stays white and just the (b) button for cancel shows up after a few seconds ... nothing else happens.  

anyone have an idea?  trying to search for this has proven quite a futile process.

8 hours ago, Baddar said:

So the Xbox One S 500gb will come bundled with EA Access for a month and a FIFA 17 download for £249, with the console coming out Sep 22.

Not sure what to do here as I'll be buying a physical copy of FIFA on ps4. Might sell the FIFA download on or just use it myself. I'll soon have an xbox again though! 

Baddar the Dragon!

• Like 1

Not originally but the second revision had a 3.5mm Jack added to it. Should be standard now so the pack in one you get with your S I imagine will be the same. 

• Like 1

Mirror's Edge is among the Games for Gold selection coming up.

I'll just post the list:

XB1:

Earthlock: Festival Of Magic
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China

360:

Mirror's Edge
Forza Horizon

Earthlock is actually launching the day that it becomes available for free, which has happened a couple of times before if I recall. It looks like a fun strategy RPG which is always welcome. I have Chronicles and it's pretty fun but almost the exact kind of game you would want to get in this service.