The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Not sure on the reason since I don't think the weekly and Christmas sales start until tomorrow but Lego Star Wars: TCS is on sale for $5/£3.75 and it's backwards compatible title. I assume it's just down to general Star Wars hype...

5 minutes ago, Ellisnezer Scrooge said:

Not sure on the reason since I don't think the weekly and Christmas sales start until tomorrow but Lego Star Wars: TCS is on sale for $5/£3.75 and it's backwards compatible title. I assume it's just down to general Star Wars hype...

God bless you and good night.

• Like 1

January Games with Gold are Zheroes and Killer Instinct: Season 1 Ultra Edition for the xbone and Dirt:Showdown and Deus Ex: Human Revolution as the backwards compatible 360 games.  And the "biggest sale ever for Xbox Store" begins tomorrow.  Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rare Replay, Forza 6 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition are the big names on sale.  

I'm just about ready to give up on the Xbox. So far today I've spent almost two hours trying to install a game from disc, and twice the installation has stopped because "the disc is dirty" (the disc is brand new and clean)' and failed to even boot up correctly three times. I have a ps4 sitting next to it, so I'm not even sure if it's worth the effort anymore.

I'm starting to think my Xbox may be busted. Every time I boot it up I get a black screen after the initial Xbox one load up screen. The only thing I can get to show up is the turn off controller/console option when holding the Xbox button on the controller. I've attempted a hard reset but that didn't do anything. So is there anything else I should try, or shall I give up and look at getting it replaced since I'm sure I still have warranty on it.

Should be any store. But in my experience they're assholes for taking consoles back unless you've paid extra for their care service. My fiancée had a dodgy HDMI port on her first PS4 but they wouldn't take it back, essentially saying she'd caused the problem. But IF we'd paid for GAMECare, they could have refunded us. 

Now, every time I get offered care on discs for a quid, I point out that it wouldn't make a bloody difference if I did anyway, so no, I don't want it. :shifty: 

This isn't so much GAME themselves, but the company they use to deal with returns. Even the staff in there said they're a joke.

Well when I got it I was told it had one year warranty, so if they refuse I may have to start kicking up a fuss (which I hate doing, before I refuse to have a £300 brick that is less than a year old)

8 hours ago, Baddar said:

Should be any store. But in my experience they're assholes for taking consoles back unless you've paid extra for their care service. My fiancée had a dodgy HDMI port on her first PS4 but they wouldn't take it back, essentially saying she'd caused the problem. But IF we'd paid for GAMECare, they could have refunded us. 

Now, every time I get offered care on discs for a quid, I point out that it wouldn't make a bloody difference if I did anyway, so no, I don't want it. :shifty: 

This isn't so much GAME themselves, but the company they use to deal with returns. Even the staff in there said they're a joke.

Sounds like the returns service deemed it accidental damage and refused to issue a reference number, in which case the store staff are powerless. They'd get in the shit for sending a console back without one, as annoying as it is to you. The bit about Gamecare is bullshit. Either they've miscommunicated or you've misunderstood. Assuming it's been deemed accidental damage, had you got Gamecare, you'd be able to get a repair sorted or a replacement through the provider (I think it's D&G these days). Don't know what you mean about disc care though, we regularly repair or even replace discs when they're covered. 

I don't want to have a go, I've just finished with the company, and they have many, many problems. In general, I find the staff are not to blame for most of them, but they get a lot of undue stick for it anyway and it irks me. Especially this time of year. 

Regia, as long as you have the receipt and they're able to replicate the fault in store, you shouldn't have any trouble returning it to any branch. Obviously they're very busy this time of year, so you could save everyone some time by getting a reference from TMTI beforehand, the contact number is 03338005800.

On 26/12/2015 at 20:34, Cactus Drags said:

Sounds like the returns service deemed it accidental damage and refused to issue a reference number, in which case the store staff are powerless. They'd get in the shit for sending a console back without one, as annoying as it is to you. The bit about Gamecare is bullshit. Either they've miscommunicated or you've misunderstood. Assuming it's been deemed accidental damage, had you got Gamecare, you'd be able to get a repair sorted or a replacement through the provider (I think it's D&G these days). Don't know what you mean about disc care though, we regularly repair or even replace discs when they're covered. 

I don't want to have a go, I've just finished with the company, and they have many, many problems. In general, I find the staff are not to blame for most of them, but they get a lot of undue stick for it anyway and it irks me. Especially this time of year. 

Regia, as long as you have the receipt and they're able to replicate the fault in store, you shouldn't have any trouble returning it to any branch. Obviously they're very busy this time of year, so you could save everyone some time by getting a reference from TMTI beforehand, the contact number is 03338005800.

Yeah, as I said it wasn't so much that the GAME staff were in the wrong, it was the returns company, but it upset my missus when she thought she had a year of cover on it when really, that wasn't the case at all, and that she was being blamed for a faulty console.

As for the discs, I just never pay the extra quid because if you mis-use the disc to the point of it not working, I couldn't see GAME happily replacing it, especially after my experience with the console.

I do still shop there for stuff when it's on offer, and I'll generally buy FIFA from them, but it's in my better interests to buy consoles elsewhere now. My gf's newer PS4 was from tesco and as she's an employee, knows that she'd have an easier time returning it if needs be. 

You do have a year, but not for accidental damage. I'm assuming the port wasn't seated right and they've classed it as damage. It's a bit of a dice roll with TMTI, I've had ops who couldn't care less and just give the reference without even verifying the fault and others who stick to the letter of the policy. It's a pain to be honest. It was a system introduced to cut down on the number of incorrectly returned consoles, but it's just introduced extra unnecessary steps and confusion at both ends to the process. I think if you asked most Game staff, they'd wish it would go away. Again, in terms of the disc care, my store at least has no qualms about replacing, although the first step is to try and repair it in the cleaner. I've replaced discs that were laserburned or even cracked before, I don't know why it'd be an issue. 

I don't blame you or anyone for shopping elsewhere. I certainly will no I don't get discount anymore. Too much stuff is being introduced without enough thought, and it's all been detrimental to the customer experience, through no fault of the day to day staff. Look at Black Ops 3; we charged on average about £7 more than anywhere else in town because we had the exclusive Nuketown thing, and then couldn't deliver it because the tills crashed and wouldn't print the codes out. Slashed console prices then complained that stores weren't making enough money. It's bizarre. They're in an ok spot financially, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got in trouble again in the next year to eighteen months. 

I'm probably gonna go take the Xbox in on Wednesday as it is the next day I have free. I have all the stuff (Receipt, box, cables etc), but has anyone got any idea what it could be if I get it there and it works for them? I've had it get past the black screen a couple of times, but it'll always freeze up before everything has loaded up/I can sign in. Surely that is some kind of internal fault, right?

Out of curiosity, if I download a games with gold free game then delete it for freeing up space, can can I download it again later or would it charge full price?