The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Lady and gentlemen, The Walking Dead Episode 1 is indeed free! Part one of one of the games of the year and it wont cost you a penny! Plus, the rest should be going on sale in a few days.

Also, Hydro Thunder for 400, Rock of Ages for 200 and some Kinect stuff.

Not the movie of course! More a cross of tower defence and Super Monkey Ball where you battle through history by using a giant boulder to crush your enemies. You try and steer your boulder towards your enemies castle whilst he does the same to yours, Guiding it along the twisting landscape that is strewn with traps designed to slow you down or knock you off the course and waste valuable time. It's all very much in the style of Monty Python/Terry Gilliam, with the 2D cut out characters and the flappy heads.

Crap. Knew I should have gotten some XBL points when I was at Best Buy the other day. Ah well, no biggie. I'll get the games later, most likely after they've been bumped back up in price.

I just got a 360 for the first time in like, 3 or 4 years and I was wondering if there's anyway to get a free month trial of gold? The 360 kind of fell into my lap so I won't have enough cash to upgrade to gold for about a month.

I just got a 360 for the first time in like, 3 or 4 years and I was wondering if there's anyway to get a free month trial of gold? The 360 kind of fell into my lap so I won't have enough cash to upgrade to gold for about a month.

I think sometimes you get offers if you're a free member but that's more likely to be stuff like 1 month for $/£1.

I hear that if you go to use IE as a free member it will tell you you need to be Gold and offer you a trial but I don't think that's a sure thing.

So, I have £100 of Amazon vouchers to use now, what games should I get? Ideally looking for fun games that I can jump in and out of instead of big life drainer things like Skyrim.

Maaaaaaaaaybe.

Gears springs to mind, though I think we did the DLC campaign this time last year, be it on arcade or normal so we could do it on the one we haven't done. That and/or try to get some achievements from that or the horde DLC.