The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I have got to stop buying games on launch day. Portal 2 is $40 tomorrow at Gamestop, Mortal Kombat is $49.99 for both Xbox and PS3 right now on Amazon, it's getting ridiculous. Remember not that long ago when games would NEVER drop in price until they became a Greatest Hits title or were completely un-sellable? Now it seems like if you just wait a week, you'll save at least $10.

There are a few games I will likely be getting on launch (or near launch):

-LA Noire (even though I know nothing about this game)

-Mass Effect 3

-Skyrim

-Possibly Saints Row 3

Yeah I'm really not impressed at the Portal price drop - if they're going to do something like this, why not reward the people who are pre-ordering and are obviously die-hard fans of the product? I mean yeah, money money money and the business aspect of it all but especially in Valve's case it just seems odd to retroactively punish the people who have been so hyped up for their games by doing this, and the same deal for the places selling them. Eh.

-Mass Effect 3

-Skyrim

-Possibly Saints Row 3

What the hell is up with you knowing nothing about Rockstar's games? A year ago it was Red Dead Redemption, now it's LA Noire. Ruki, Rockstar makes amazing games, stay informed about them!

Maybe he is like me and ignores all build up in order to be surprised upon purchase!

And there's a price drop culture over here too, to an extent. Usually you don't get it on the massive releases but you do get pretty good games dropping pretty quickly. Online retailers seem to drop them to about £18 after a few weeks. Like, All Stars can be had for like £18-20 now.

Yeah I'm really not impressed at the Portal price drop - if they're going to do something like this, why not reward the people who are pre-ordering and are obviously die-hard fans of the product? I mean yeah, money money money and the business aspect of it all but especially in Valve's case it just seems odd to retroactively punish the people who have been so hyped up for their games by doing this, and the same deal for the places selling them. Eh.

I don't think this is a Valve issue, I think this is retailers selling off extra copies that they stocked up on for launch.

Maybe he is like me and ignores all build up in order to be surprised upon purchase!

Yeah cause that's a smart way to invest your money.

-Mass Effect 3

-Skyrim

-Possibly Saints Row 3

What the hell is up with you knowing nothing about Rockstar's games? A year ago it was Red Dead Redemption, now it's LA Noire. Ruki, Rockstar makes amazing games, stay informed about them!

If I don't stay informed, everything will be a surprise and be amazing.