The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

It's pretty damn fun actually - the trial is actually 60 minutes of in game play - meaning the counter pauses when you are in the lobby, etc so it gives you a good taste of the game.

Customizeable loadouts and weapon parts, shitload of maps and game modes for 15 dollars and a shooter mechanic that works very well. Plus the whole "fighting in virtual reality" allows for the static grenades - which pixelate the area affected by them. Pretty cool concept.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter is at it again, stating that pay to play online grey_loader.giffor individual games is the only way for the industry to rebound from declining software sales.

"We estimate that a total of 12 million consumers are playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for an average of 10 hours per week on the two platforms' respective networks, and the continued enjoyment of this game (along with an estimated 6 million Halo online players, 3 million EA Sports players, and 5 million players playing other games, such as Battlefield, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead and Grand Theft Auto) has sucked the available time away from what otherwise would be spent playing newly purchased games," he said.

He noted that Activision has to make the first move and we could expect something with Call of Duty: Black Ops in November.

Not to be outdone, Activision Head Bobby Kottick, had this to say in a recent interview, "We've heard that 60 per cent of [Microsoft's] subscribers are principally on Live because of Call of Duty. We don't really participate financially in that income stream. We would really like to be able to provide much more value to those millions of players playing on Live, but it's not our network."

Are you ready to pay to play in addition to your subscription to Xbox Live, or PSN?

Fuck. That.

If the whole thing is paying once for some code to play online, then it won't be that bad, assuming it is for a reasonable price. But if companies actually get stupid enough to put out some 'pay per month' deal for games, then they are fucking insane.

Edited by Vitamin E

I won't be on live for another few weeks since I'm moving home and don't want to waste my trial period when I've not got broadband, but the good news is - I have my X-Box and will be with you all within a month :)

Oh Benji :wub:

Which games are you getting?

Benji has finally seen the light.

It looks like... a red ring? :huh:

I have bought Assasin's Creed, Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. I also thought I brought Borderlands, but like a total moron I actually bought the expansion pack >_> In about five weeks I'll be buying more games to be able to play online - so what online games does EWB play the most?