The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I have Dirt 2 as well. I download just about every demo now I have that new hard drive. I even have G-Force. :shifty:

The cut scenes and underwater sections of SC are certainly reminisce of Undertow. Personally, I found it kind of weird seeing 'From the makers of Undertow' plastered on the load screens. For most, that game is nothing more than the freebie for XBL's bed shitting a few years ago. Speaking of SC, I have one more item to get but have little clue as to where it is. Must resist the urge to check a guide.

Lost Planet Co-Op sounds good. I've been waiting since it came out to wrangle up some 4 way play.

I haven't played the original, I hear it's alright, jsut overlooked because it isn't Halo or Call of Duty or whatever.

Section 8 is disappointing, it looks very Halo-esque, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm struggling to get to grips with it, it just drops you into the action with little to no explanation for anything. And I die. A lot.

I'm downloading it now, but my hopes are a little high. I like the idea of having no fixed game mode objectives. The thing that I hate about COD is you always have a 30/70 chance of getting on a team where everyone actually helps each other out to get points to win for the team, and then the other times you just have one guy going Luke Skywalker and trying to get MVP.

I may be the only one that hates Dirt 2. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I love the menu style, but I think it handles like absolute garbage, especially the Mitsubishi. I thought the first one did too, though. In fact, the first handled better. I'll cue it up to needing to become accustomed to the game because I ran the Baja fine, but fuck the Mitsubishi. :(

Just reading some comments online regarding it and a few are saying that they're not there on single player after getting them on co-op. However, there is one on the Sniper level which you can't play on co-op so maybe that is why it says Solo Only. We should try anyway, I prefer to do these type of search quests with other people, always good to have another set of eyes, or in this case, three sets.

There is one Death Card on each level of the game except for the two vehicle levels. They unlock cheats that can be used on co-op such as paintball guns, headshots make heads explode, enemies take less bullet damage etc etc. Kind of like Skulls on Halo 3.

I finally got the Red Ring of Death on Friday... so I went to the support website to try and get myself all set up for a console repair, but even when going through all the Canadian links, I end up at the final repair request screen for the US. So I contact customer support, and four e-mails later, they still haven't addressed the actual issue of me being unable to request a repair online, from Canada.

I'm actually starting to get severely pissed off about this. I don't care if I have to pay for it, or go through some sort of process to get it repaired... I just want my fucking Xbox to work.

Terrible customer service.