The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Not entirely sure what's wrong with your mic, perhaps it just got yanked a little too hard or it's a faulty one. I've never had any problems with conversations going in and out though, at least with the official Xbox wired standard one.

Ah, that could be it. Yanked too hard. Although it doesn't look bent or anything. Whatever, I got the money and it's really starting to get annoying. Thanks for the help.

I got a wireless headset a few weeks ago. You have to charge it fairly often if you're using it a lot but the quality is better than the regular wired headset. Plus you don't have an annoying band going across the top of your head and you don't have to keep it close to your controller all the time.

My wireless headset was going fine, I had to repalce it a few months ago because I accidentally tried to charge it using my phone charger, and blew it. I have two now, so I can still use one while the other charges. Maybe a little quieter than the wired ones, but more comfortable and clearer sound I reckon.

So, to respond to JohnnyPerfect's problems from a couple of days ago, I put a couple of videos on a USB stick yesterday and went to watch them on my 360. It said I needed an update to watch them and prompted me to download it, I did so and tried again, they played fine. So, I dunno what it is you're doing if you still can't watch.

So, to respond to JohnnyPerfect's problems from a couple of days ago, I put a couple of videos on a USB stick yesterday and went to watch them on my 360. It said I needed an update to watch them and prompted me to download it, I did so and tried again, they played fine. So, I dunno what it is you're doing if you still can't watch.

That's just...weird.

I really don't know, I've given up to be honest. It tells me I need to download the content, but that I need to sign in to Live to do so. If I try to sign in, it tells me my subscription has been suspended and offers to take me to the profile stuff or whatever it is. So it doesn't link me to anything to download the update, so I really haven't got a clue what's up with that. I'll more than likely buy 3 months of Gold in a few days, but yeah, it's just bizarre.

Ugh, sorry for double posting, but this console is just pissing me off.

I've just brought a 3 month subscription card for Live. I go to enter the redeem code and it's just talking complete and utter bollocks...AGAIN.

Now it's saying my account has been suspended and I need to go into the account management and then memberships and edit the payment information. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GOING ON ABOUT? Can it not just be fucking simple and let me enter the redeem code? I was paying before through credit card, but that card got stopped, but it's still stored on there and I cant get rid of the details. I've entered the redeem code ten times, it still says the same. Microsoft deserve to be shot.

Have you tried calling Microsoft?

To call them cunts? No.

I was hoping somebody might be able to tell me if there's a way round this and if I'm missing something. If not, I'll just create a new gamer profile, rather than waste my time phoning Microsoft at midnight.

Edit - After reading up on a similar situation online, I found this:

If you have a credit card renewal set and that card is in decline, you will carry an outstanding balance and will go through the standard decline cycle (Suspended), instead of dropping to the Silver tier. You cannot use or activate prepaid codes if your account is suspended or if your account has a past-due balance. These issues must be resolved before you can activate a prepaid code.

To prevent this from happening in the future I suggest you use prepaid subscription cards( 3, 6 or 12 months). To do this, enter your prepaid subscription code in the Account Management area of the profile for which they must be used.

To resolve this issue, you & your step dad must call Xbox Support ( Number and hours below) . After you call and give them the info they need to access your account they will then ask to speak to the Credit Card holder.

Be ready for a possible long and frustrating experience.

Ugh, seriously. I guess that's why I also had problems with the video content. Hopefully it lets me create a new account and start a fresh, which means losing all of my game data in the process, but anything is better than sitting on the phone to the twats.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I'm bitching because they're one of the fucking biggest companies in the world and yet consist of some of the most laughable things on this product. My credit card runs out, so my account gets suspended and I cant use a different payment method without phoning them? Yet it was fine for me to set the entire payment stuff up over the console before, but when I want to change the option, I've got to ring them? To me, it's a joke. I could care less if I'm overreacting really, because I've had non stop problems with the console since getting it, all of which are stupid things that shouldn't really be happening.

Either way, I'll just create a new account and get over it I guess.

I'm bitching because they're one of the fucking biggest companies in the world and yet consist of some of the most laughable things on this product. My credit card runs out, so my account gets suspended and I cant use a different payment method without phoning them? Yet it was fine for me to set the entire payment stuff up over the console before, but when I want to change the option, I've got to ring them? To me, it's a joke. I could care less if I'm overreacting really, because I've had non stop problems with the console since getting it, all of which are stupid things that shouldn't really be happening.

Either way, I'll just create a new account and get over it I guess.

So you rather create a new gamertag rather than call them up and set the matter straight? Calling them you'll probably get a free month out of the whole "ridiculous" ordeal.

I've had my 360 since 2007, yes I've had a RROD and had to replace a DVD drive but the customer support has been helpful most of the time, and they've never given me an issue, and even repaired my drive no charge after my warranty was over.

If you ran into constant non-stop problems they could have 9 times out of 10 been taken care of with a quick call to the 800 line.

Seriously, just call them. I had a problem with my account a couple weeks ago, Live suddenly stopped accepting my credit card to buy MS Points, but it still automatically renewed my Gold subscription. I messed around for days on Xbox's website, trying to figure the damn thing out and finally got fed up and called them. Five minutes later, problem solved.

Just called them and after going through question after question, they tell me I cant remove the credit card details and I cant use the three month subscription card I have. Apparently I owe them 4.99 (don't ask how) and that until I pay that, I basically cant subscribe to anything. So they're trying to say I had an entire month of Live for free before the card was cancelled. So I've now got to use a NEW card on the membership area and pay the 4.99 before I can do anything. THEN I've got to call them AGAIN and cancel that card to stop it taking payments out on a month to month basis. Nice and simple :angry:

You obviously owe 4.99 for the month you couldn't pay because your card was declined, which by the way, is your fault, not Microsoft's. Stop acting like a fucking child with a tantrum and call them up, mot of the time they're actually pretty helpful, and has been mentioned, you can end up with a free month's Live, although I doubt you will because you owe them money and are acting like a dick considering the whole situation is your fault anyway.

And if you press them enough, you can get your card details removed. Just threaten to take it higher. Without calling them twats or cunts, or slits, axe-wounds, gashes or even lady-garden. Just steer clear of calling them anything pertaining to the female genetalia.

• Like 1