The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

What is this Shadow Complex you speak of?

Shadow Complex is an upcoming side-scrolling action-adventure video game developed by Chair Entertainment and published by Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox Live Arcade. The game uses the Unreal Engine 3, and is said to be heavily influenced by Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Cliff Bleszinski, a representative of the game's publisher Epic Games, indicated during an E3 interview that the game is based on the Orson Scott Card novel, Empire, and that the game will dovetail with a sequel to the book due out in late 2009.

The game's script is written by comic book writer and Star Trek' novelist Peter David.

Comes out August 19th for 1200 points.

Edited by Captain Eo

Do the props actually show up anywhere other than, well, the only places I can think of is in front of your 'My Xbox' section of the dash and when you're in the avatar editor itself. I don't think anyone on my list has bought one so i'm not sure if they'll show up on the dashboard friends list. We need, as LL dubbed it, Xbox Home. Like an extension of the party system but having your avatars together and able to interact, kinda like the 1 vs 100 lobby I guess but perhaps in a park with stuff to do like a Frisbee or a ball to throw/kick/whatever. I actually saw an American Football and a Soccer Ball as purchasable props earlier.

Could be cool to have cotton swab duels ala Gladiators. Not sure if they have any plans to implement stuff into games, if/when we ever get more avatar games.

Do the props actually show up anywhere other than, well, the only places I can think of is in front of your 'My Xbox' section of the dash and when you're in the avatar editor itself. I don't think anyone on my list has bought one so i'm not sure if they'll show up on the dashboard friends list. We need, as LL dubbed it, Xbox Home. Like an extension of the party system but having your avatars together and able to interact, kinda like the 1 vs 100 lobby I guess but perhaps in a park with stuff to do like a Frisbee or a ball to throw/kick/whatever. I actually saw an American Football and a Soccer Ball as purchasable props earlier.

Could be cool to have cotton swab duels ala Gladiators. Not sure if they have any plans to implement stuff into games, if/when we ever get more avatar games.

Fuck cotton swab duels. There are freaking lightsabers dude.

Fuck Microsoft up their pile of shit asses with their fucking retarded and pathetic updates.

I just turned my 360 on, it tells me there's a new update. Fine, I update. I go to watch a video (connected up from the PC) and it tells me I have to sign in to Live in order to play the content or whatever (which it NEVER has done before). I've ran out of Live right now and don't play on purchasing it any time within the next month or two. So basically, I cant fucking watch stuff off my PC on my 360 because I DON'T HAVE LIVE to get this so called update shit to watch the content? That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard.

Yea, I like how that light saber is 400, more than double everything else. Plus it's the same price as some arcade games, surely it's better to buy one of them than get a do nothing light saber.

I went with the cheaper basketball option over the lightsabre but I have yet to see my avatar with it outside of the editor.

Fuck Microsoft up their pile of shit asses with their fucking retarded and pathetic updates.

I just turned my 360 on, it tells me there's a new update. Fine, I update. I go to watch a video (connected up from the PC) and it tells me I have to sign in to Live in order to play the content or whatever (which it NEVER has done before). I've ran out of Live right now and don't play on purchasing it any time within the next month or two. So basically, I cant fucking watch stuff off my PC on my 360 because I DON'T HAVE LIVE to get this so called update shit to watch the content? That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard.

Surely you'd just have to connect to Xbox Live to get the update? If you have to be a gold member which is what I think you're indicating, then yes that is stupid.