The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Vigilante 8 is coming to the XBLA with updated graphics :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_8

I used to fucking LOVE that game.

I've been somewhat tempted by that. I have fond memories of Twisted Metal back on the PS1 and it's a pretty similar game. No one here has really mentioned it though.

Jesus christ, I am broke and still majorly enjoying Fable 2 and Saints Row 2 right now but I have a major hankering to play me some Fallout 3, and then with SD vs. Raw 2009 and everything else coming out and me broke... fucking hell, why couldn't there be good games when I had money?

Okay, yeah, that works.

I like your whole entertainment center thing too. although all you seem to use it for is CD racks you don't use, clothes and nasal spray.

Eurogamer is reporting that Dead Rising 2 is currently in development, but not by franchise holder Capcom. Instead, Canadian developer Blue Castle (The Bigs and MLB Front Office Manager) is developing the sequel to our favorite zombie mall game.

According to Eurogamer's source, who we're told is close to the Blue Castle development team, Dead Rising 2 is in development and that Blue Castle "has obviously seen the rumors and it's been hard to keep quiet, but they can't wait to show off the game." Information that does gel with rumors we've been hearing regarding a Western development team taking over the Dead Rising franchise. But with no official word coming from Capcom and no release specifics or leaked media, we'll file this in file folder "R". That's "R" for rumor.

Gnh. On one hand I'm stoked that it's getting a sequel, it's far, far overdue, but I wish Capcom were developing to make sure it's not a radical departure from the awesomeness that was the first game.

Eurogamer is reporting that Dead Rising 2 is currently in development, but not by franchise holder Capcom. Instead, Canadian developer Blue Castle (The Bigs and MLB Front Office Manager) is developing the sequel to our favorite zombie mall game.

According to Eurogamer's source, who we're told is close to the Blue Castle development team, Dead Rising 2 is in development and that Blue Castle "has obviously seen the rumors and it's been hard to keep quiet, but they can't wait to show off the game." Information that does gel with rumors we've been hearing regarding a Western development team taking over the Dead Rising franchise. But with no official word coming from Capcom and no release specifics or leaked media, we'll file this in file folder "R". That's "R" for rumor.

Gnh. On one hand I'm stoked that it's getting a sequel, it's far, far overdue, but I wish Capcom were developing to make sure it's not a radical departure from the awesomeness that was the first game.

And The Bigs was fun. It was incredibly over-the-top, but fun, which is hard for a baseball game. I guess think of it as NFL Blitz for Baseball. But a developer that mostly makes baseball games, making a zombie game, seemingly from the ground up? I'm wary. I want it to be amazing, but I won't be all too surprised if it's either shitty or a radical departure from Dead Rising. If it has co-op and/or online play though, I'll at least give it a chance.

Oh yeah, and the CoD: World at War multiplayer beta's out.

Edited by Will.

And The Bigs was fun. It was incredibly over-the-top, but fun, which is hard for a baseball game. I guess think of it as NFL Blitz for Baseball. But a developer that mostly makes baseball games, making a zombie game, seemingly from the ground up? I'm wary. I want it to be amazing, but I won't be all too surprised if it's either shitty or a radical departure from Dead Rising. If it has co-op and/or online play though, I'll at least give it a chance.

Oh yeah, and the CoD: World at War multiplayer beta's out.

Yeah, the Beta has been out since the start of the week I think, but it ends Monday night as the game comes out Tuesday.

Is it out already? I'm seriously never going to be able to afford all this.

All the pre-release stuff I've heard about L4D has been all good, all the gaming media has been raving about it.