The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

If it's anything like Xcom that Gears Tactics should be a lot of fun

You might dig Wasteland 3 if you liked XCom and Fallout

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

There isn't really a set protagonist in Watch Dogs though.

Ah, the clip I saw had the character they were in control of (at that point at least) with a very forced 'street' accent. It was cringeworthy. Kind of like when a much older person tries using slang terms their kids use just to embarrass them.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Ah, the clip I saw had the character they were in control of (at that point at least) with a very forced 'street' accent. It was cringeworthy. Kind of like when a much older person tries using slang terms their kids use just to embarrass them.

Yeah, in the game you can play as pretty much any NPC on the streets if you get them to join DeadSec.

12 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It isn't.

The only new game that will be on Game Pass from day one is Tetris Connected.

The only game we need day 1.

9 hours ago, Baddar said:

Turn on permadeath and you can kill him, forever

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Playing Man of Medan on gamepass. The acting sucks, the graphics suck, there are too many (predictable) jump scares... but I'm still enjoying it.

I was debating whether or not to give that one a shot but haven't as of yet. Is it worth it? 

Is it anything like the good cinematic games ala Heavy Rain etc?

23 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I was debating whether or not to give that one a shot but haven't as of yet. Is it worth it? 

Is it anything like the good cinematic games ala Heavy Rain etc?

Have you played Until Dawn? It's made by the same developers.

It's what I'd call a good Game Pass game. It's not brilliantly executed most of the time, but it's quite short and it's interesting to see how your choices play out. In that sense, it's like Heavy Rain, but without the mundanity of some sections.

I wouldn't recommend paying full price for it, but it's fine as a Game Pass download or discounted sale purchase.

How do you all feel about Gears Tactics with a controller? I have GamePass on my PC, but it is 5 years old at this point and I imagine it will look flawless on the Series X on a 4K TV. 

17 minutes ago, RPS said:

How do you all feel about Gears Tactics with a controller? I have GamePass on my PC, but it is 5 years old at this point and I imagine it will look flawless on the Series X on a 4K TV. 

It's grid-based, so I don't think it will be a problem. Keyboard and mouse work best, obviously, but the XCOM games worked well enough on consoles.

20 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

What ending did you get?

Spoiler

Conrad bled out on the speedboat and Alex stabbed himself to death (I realized attacking the monster likely meant killing Fliss... I realized as soon as I pressed the button that stabbing the rat was suicide and that no answer was the answer.

Then the military showed up and got their brains bashed in by Donny (I think that was his name?) with the sledgehammer-

2 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:
  Hide contents

Conrad bled out on the speedboat and Alex stabbed himself to death (I realized attacking the monster likely meant killing Fliss... I realized as soon as I pressed the button that stabbing the rat was suicide and that no answer was the answer.

Then the military showed up and got their brains bashed in by Donny (I think that was his name?) with the sledgehammer-

That's very different to my ending.

Spoiler

I accidentally killed Fliss during the section you mentioned, but Alex, Brad and Julia survived. Conrad avoided the gunshots on the speedboat, but he decided to come to the ship after the other characters escaped and succumbed to the mist.

Someone else I talked to got everyone killed fairly quickly. A large part of that had to do with their struggles with quick-time events, but one of them was because of a dialogue option.

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's the ending I got too

49 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Hide contents

I accidentally killed Fliss during the section you mentioned, but Alex, Brad and Julia survived. Conrad avoided the gunshots on the speedboat, but he decided to come to the ship after the other characters escaped and succumbed to the mist.

Someone else I talked to got everyone killed fairly quickly. A large part of that had to do with their struggles with quick-time events, but one of them was because of a dialogue option.

Speaking of the quick time events.... awful. There were a few (especially the heart beats) that I know I did right but didn't take.

17 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Just received a call from EB Games confirming my Xbox pick up :D 

EB just called me to confirm as well, AND they are setting pickup times... which I love as an idea. I'm getting mine at 9:05 for instance... they're cutting down on the volume of people trying to mash through the doors to pick them up at once and forming separate lines for people trying to buy without pre-orders.

He said with All-Access, I'm just going to walk in, get my box handed to me and then I'm out the door.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, apsham said:

EB just called me to confirm as well, AND they are setting pickup times... which I love as an idea. I'm getting mine at 9:05 for instance... they're cutting down on the volume of people trying to mash through the doors to pick them up at once and forming separate lines for people trying to buy without pre-orders.

He said with All-Access, I'm just going to walk in, get my box handed to me and then I'm out the door.

Same thing. Although mine is an hour window, between 9 and 10. And that I'll be emailed the code for Gamepass Ultimate or something. 

I should probably pick up a game with it. I'm thinking Assassin's Creed