The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

13 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ok I'm dumb so someone spell it out for me. If I go out and buy Watch Dogs like the physical version will that work in my new Xbox?

As LL said, depends on what console you got.

When you’ve got your PS5 or Xbox Series X, simply put your PS4/ Xbox One disc into your console and let it install. You’ll need to have the disc in your console every time you want to launch the next-gen version of Watch Dogs Legion so keep that in mind.

If you got a Series X, you can put the Xbox One disc in and get the free upgrade.  If you got a Series S, you need to buy the digital version to get the upgrade.  And that seems to be true across the board from what I'm seeing, I know its the case with the upgrade coming to Witcher and Cyberpunk as well.  For instance, I've got a disc version of Witcher, but I'm getting a series S, so I'll need to buy it digitally to get the upgrade.  If I was getting a Series X, all I would need to do is put in the disc when the upgrade becomes available.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What I will say about Watch Dogs, is I spent a few minutes listening to the voice acting, mainly of the protagonist, and I was turned off the game almost immediately.

There isn't really a set protagonist in Watch Dogs though.

33 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Now the only thing to decide is if I want to double up on Ubisoft games or not. I am for sure getting AC: Valhalla now do I pair that with Watch Dogs or the Yakuza game. Fun decisions! :D 

The knock on Yakuza is that it's poorly optimized.  Also, as far as I know the other Yakuza games that came out of Xbox One have ended up on Gamepass, so that's something that might be in its future as well.

Buuut even with Cyberpunk's delay I think I'm going to wait for an edition of AC: Valhalla that has all its DLC, because that's for sure coming.  But for me I've reached that decision because I've still got Odyessy to play through, plus I'm back into Witcher and I plan on getting Watch Dogs at launch.  That's enough stuff for me to work on until Cyberpunk comes out, assuming it actually does.

29 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Is Yakuza not going to be on gamepass day one? I thought I read it was, and that was going to be my 'day one' game. Uh oh. What games are going to gamepass? Because I have not preordered any games...

It isn't.

The only new game that will be on Game Pass from day one is Tetris Connected. Besides that, you've got upgraded versions of Dead by Daylight, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics (making its console debut), Grounded, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sea of Thieves and The Touryst.

• Thanks 1