The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Apparently that fancy 1TB SSD card is due to be $220 US, £220 (thanks MS) and €250.

I think people are naturally baulking at that price but someone in the thread I was reading on Twitter suggested it wasn't that bad if it's comparable to the higher end, newer type SSD's. 

But there were people like "Why would I spend $220 when I just got 1TB for $60?" so I think that's going to be another avenue for potential confusion like the whole One X Vs Series X thing. Like, people might not be fully aware they can't play next gen titles on anything that isn't the internal SSD or the special external one.

But there's an article on the Xbox site that implies you can store next gen games on USB3 drives and then transfer them over? That might be a cheaper solution if they transfer quickly or you're willing to wait a little while 

On 24/09/2020 at 11:53, King Ellis said:

Apparently that fancy 1TB SSD card is due to be $220 US, £220 (thanks MS) and €250.

I think people are naturally baulking at that price but someone in the thread I was reading on Twitter suggested it wasn't that bad if it's comparable to the higher end, newer type SSD's. 

But there were people like "Why would I spend $220 when I just got 1TB for $60?" so I think that's going to be another avenue for potential confusion like the whole One X Vs Series X thing. Like, people might not be fully aware they can't play next gen titles on anything that isn't the internal SSD or the special external one.

But there's an article on the Xbox site that implies you can store next gen games on USB3 drives and then transfer them over? That might be a cheaper solution if they transfer quickly or you're willing to wait a little while 

Yeah, this is my solution.  Keep 3-4 games on the internal SSD and the rest can go on my external drive.  Certainly not buying a SSD card that costs $80 less than the console, would have just bought a Series X if I wanted to spend that much money.