The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

13 minutes ago, apsham said:

Oh darn, my girlfriend went to EB and put down a pre-order on the Series X and they said that we could come in once they figured out the financing and we'd put it on that system.

Oh snap! I skipped pre-ordering because I want the financing. Is there a minimum to put down?

Just tried Minecraft Dungeons via Android for a little bit, a bit laggy at times but relatively passable. By all accounts that's actually had some work go into it to make it more touch screen friendly but going from playing it normally, it does feel a bit cramped.

To that end, I wonder how feasible it would be to just forgo the console entirely and just play everything over Android? Like, I'm talking one of those Raspberry Pi-esque thingys normally meant for emulation, not just your phone. Something you can hook up and run on a big TV. Is it all over the cloud and would just be essentially an Xbox branded Stadia at that point or does your local device need some degree of oomph as well? This calls for someone turning their Ouya into an OuyaXbox.

Maybe, like the Stadia, with the right internet it would run fine, otherwise maybe well suited to something turned based like an RPG or an X-Com type thing?

Don't games have to be supported first, and then yeah - the lag factor is going to be pretty huge. I will never in a million years be comfortable with game streaming as a reliable method to do most things. I think it's a neat diversion but without having the files sitting there on my machine whether it be in disc or on the harddrive I just don't know. Even with great internet and the like - I just can't see any cloud device getting the most out of the most impressive titles. But for some things, yeah I think it'd be fine.

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Sales of the Xbox One X have increased by 747% on Amazon. I wonder how many of those sales are to people who mistakenly thought they were buying a Series X.

This is absolutely happening because - leading up to pre-order launch time - there were a ton of people listing the One X for 699 dollars or so and every time I refreshed the page, they'd sell out and then go back in stock after a while.

It's just really dumb the name they chose for this generation is "Series" which is so closely associated with a special edition or upgraded version of something that exists, not a brand new product.  Its every bit as dumb as the Wii U was.

Not an easy shattering feature or anything but it sounds like a mobile app update will let you download games you haven't bought. Will be useful for when games are coming to game pass in future, letting you pre-load essentially, or if you know you're getting a disc version but want to save yourself time by doing the install/update beforehand.

https://amp.trueachievements.com/n43364/xbox-mobile-beta-app-download-games-before-buying?__twitter_impression=true