The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I've always just put consoles on a table. It's always worked for me. I used to serve plenty of customers who wanted all their electronic gadgets colour-coordinated alongside their entertainment systems, which must have been a massive headache. I'm glad I have no eye for aesthetics.

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Can anyone tell me where to sign up for the financing thing? Or at least to make sure I'm eligible or whatever

So it looks like following places offer it in the US:

• Best Buy
  • GameStop
  • Target
  • Microsoft Store
  • Walmart

I know here in Canada, only EB Games is doing it - and they haven't really said much about it yet. Theoretically you'd just go directly to the store and set it up through them. Probably the best option would be a Microsoft Store if you have one near you.

Go here and it's showing links for BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, apsham said:

So it looks like following places offer it in the US:

• Best Buy
  • GameStop
  • Target
  • Microsoft Store
  • Walmart

I know here in Canada, only EB Games is doing it - and they haven't really said much about it yet. Theoretically you'd just go directly to the store and set it up through them. Probably the best option would be a Microsoft Store if you have one near you.

Go here and it's showing links for BestBuy, Walmart and Target.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

I imagine we hear stuff about the Canadian financing next week. At least I hope so.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Holy hell. Microsoft has bought Zenimax, which makes it the owner of Bethesda, id, Arkane, MachineGames and Tango Gameworks. That ought to mean Xbox console exclusivity for Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Dishonored and Wolfenstein moving forward.

Biggest transfer of the summer.

More details:

• MS is paying $7.5 billion in cash for ZeniMax Media
  • Game Pass has reached 15m subscribers and is growing
  • Microsoft has now 23 studios
  • Bethesda's future games will be on GP on launch day

Gamepass looking better and better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Holy hell. Microsoft has bought Zenimax, which makes it the owner of Bethesda, id, Arkane, MachineGames and Tango Gameworks. That ought to mean Xbox console exclusivity for Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Dishonored and Wolfenstein moving forward.

Not if they want to make that $7.5 billion back.

I suppose it depends on how much of a market share Microsoft has by the time potential exclusives materialise. If nobody's subscribing to Game Pass or buying Xbox consoles, then exclusivity might not be worth it. We'll see.

I have to think that Microsoft's timing here was intentional. Announcing this just the day before Series X/S pre-orders start is a big way to take back some of the thunder Sony gained from its well-received showcase last week.

Fallout: New Vegas on Switch would be very welcome. Besides that, Skyrim, DOOM and the new Wolfenstein games are already on Switch, with Doom Eternal on the way, so Nintendo already has a good relationship with Bethesda. It will be interesting to see what happens with Nintendo's next system and how it could run the Bethesda games of the next generation.

• Like 1

Phil Spencer has said that all current plans will be honoured, so Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo will still be timed PS5 exclusives before coming to Xbox and PC. The possibility of other future Bethesda games appearing on platforms other than Xbox and PC will be looked at on a "case-by-case basis".

• Like 1