The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Assassin's Creed Valhalla moved their release date up by a week so it's now an official launch title for the new Xboxes. Same thing for PS4 and whatever other systems it's on, but PS5 is obviously left out since there's no release date yet (but you get a free upgrade if you buy it on PS4).

39 minutes ago, tristy said:

Xbox-Series-X-SSD-Expansion-Price-Leaked

Just a rumor at this point, but that's fucking insane for a 1TB harddrive. I got a small WD_BLACK 4TB harddrive for $100.  know it's SSD but goddamn.

Even for an SSD that's crazy.  I bought a Seagate 1TB external SSD for about $160 a few months ago

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Game Pass will start including EA Access at no additional cost later this year. They're really going for this.

Also, have a look at this:

These monthly plans actually work out cheaper than the full prices of the console and Game Pass subscriptions combined. Suddenly, picking up a new Xbox has become a lot more feasible for a lot more people.

It's like $12 cheaper (not including tax on the Game Pass and console if you bought them separately) if you do it this way, and that's if you want Ultimate. For people like me, I don't have an Android or a PC (that can play anything worthwhile) - so $9.99 vs $14.99 is an easy choice to make there.

I do like the idea of financing, though. I hope PS5 does this. I'm tempted to get a Series S for some reason, but if I'm going to get a PS5, I don't know why I would need both. Supposedly the Series S, even though it's the lesser of the two, is still more powerful than a PS5? This is what Reddit/Twitter tells me, anyway.

Edited by tristy

21 minutes ago, tristy said:

It's like $12 cheaper (not including tax on the Game Pass and console if you bought them separately) if you do it this way, and that's if you want Ultimate. For people like me, I don't have an Android or a PC (that can play anything worthwhile) - so $9.99 vs $14.99 is an easy choice to make there.

I do like the idea of financing, though. I hope PS5 does this. I'm tempted to get a Series S for some reason, but if I'm going to get a PS5, I don't know why I would need both. Supposedly the Series S, even though it's the lesser of the two, is still more powerful than a PS5? This is what Reddit/Twitter tells me, anyway.

The PS5 has a more powerful GPU and more RAM, and the CPUs of the two systems are very similar, so it doesn't look as though the Series S is more powerful than the PS5. The Series S still aims for 60fps, but at a lower resolution.

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Can't believe I could possibly get this and a PS5 at launch. I'll probably do the financing 

That's what I'm thinking too! That's so exciting. Props to Xbox for that.

And really? it's the best way to allow people to get a new console during the pandemic when money is tight.

I reckon the Series S is a particularly good option for people who didn't have an Xbox One and aren't bothered about PC gaming, but are still interested in Game Pass and backwards compatibility with digital games. It'll open up the possibility of owning a PS5 for the fancy next-gen graphics and Sony exclusives, but without missing out on any Microsoft-only game.

I'm tempted to get a Series S but I don't know that it's entirely necessary if I'm going to get a PS5. Anything I'd want to play, I could play on PS5. Like, I don't care about Halo and stuff, so I don't know why I would need both.

But $299 is ridiculously low for a next-gen console right out of the gate.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

Question for my fellow US EWB’ers.

Does anyone use Sling app on Xbox One? I’ve been trying to login to it, but for whatever reason, the only character on the keyboard it won’t accept is the ‘@‘ symbol so I can’t even enter an email address and it’s annoying me now. 

Anyone else had similar issues? 

Christ on a stick thats ugly

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

That legitimately can't fit on my entertainment center, unless I put it behind my TV.

Same. My Xbox One takes up half the height... so 2.5x? No way that fits. Behind the TV, or getting a new entertainment unit. 

3 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Same. My Xbox One takes up half the height... so 2.5x? No way that fits. Behind the TV, or getting a new entertainment unit. 

I’m not even sure I’ll be able to find another entertainment center that fits it’s weird ass dimensions either.  Easier to just buy an end table to sit it on probably.