The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I subscribed to EA Access quite a while ago, for the £3.99 a month option and had completely forgotten about it. I need to cancel, but I can't get into my old Hotmail account that I used to setup my Xbox Live ID a decade or so ago. 

Anyone know of a way to cancel? I don't have access to my Xbox One at the moment either, so I'm at a loss. I don't see it on PayPal or my regular bank to cancel as a Direct Debit or whatever either. 

I've tried recovering my account twice now, and despite answering all of their fucking security questions, they still don't let me in. :(

If you contact their support line, they should be able to help you out that way. I had to do that a few years ago.

In other news, Xbox Game Pass is adding Shadow of War this month, along with a handful of other games. I guess once I'm done with Fallout, or need a break, I should try Shadow of Mordor. Heard good things about it, comparing it to the Arkham series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If you contact their support line, they should be able to help you out that way. I had to do that a few years ago.

In other news, Xbox Game Pass is adding Shadow of War this month, along with a handful of other games. I guess once I'm done with Fallout, or need a break, I should try Shadow of Mordor. Heard good things about it, comparing it to the Arkham series.

I enjoyed the game... but the post game grind to get the 'true ending' was just too much. For the price of free, it's totally worth it.

Another Game Pass game, My Time At Portia! It's like Harvest Moon... I've played it for a few in game days, and it's pretty enjoyable so far. 

• 1 month later...

Some more Game Pass games for this month have been revealed, making August's schedule as follows:

• Stellaris (added August 19th 2019)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (added August 19th 2019)
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance (added August 22nd 2019)
  • Ape Out (added August 22nd 2019)
  • The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut (added August 27th 2019)
  • Blair Witch (added August 30th 2019)

11 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Some more Game Pass games for this month have been revealed, making August's schedule as follows:

Stellaris? Shit yeah, I always wanted to try that one!

And apparently Dead Cells is coming Septemebr.

56 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Maybe interesting for people who don't have it. Game pass is now 2eu for 2 months, you can get it and immediately cancel the subscription and enjoy 2 months of game pass for a couple of bucks!

Worth it! 

To add to that, the games with gold for September are

• Hitman: The Complete First Season - September 1 to September 30 (Xbox One)
  • We Were Here - September 15 to October 15 (Xbox One)
  • Earth Defense Force 2025 - September 1 to September 15 (Xbox 360/Xbox One)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - September 16 to September 30 (Xbox 360/Xbox One)

On 30/08/2019 at 10:46, Kaney said:

To add to that, the games with gold for September are

• Hitman: The Complete First Season - September 1 to September 30 (Xbox One)
  • We Were Here - September 15 to October 15 (Xbox One)
  • Earth Defense Force 2025 - September 1 to September 15 (Xbox 360/Xbox One)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - September 16 to September 30 (Xbox 360/Xbox One)

Hitman and Tekken Tag 2 interest me the most out of Septembers lineup. Tekken I'd probably only play with my friends to give us another fighter option. HItman might join the backlog of games I have saved that I need to make it through.

Blair Witch is OK, at least as a sort of mean average of its parts. There are some moments that work well and the story is fine, while the general atmosphere suits it. On the other hand, it's a bit too easy to get lost and end up fumbling about to trigger the next part of the game.

What's very clear is that the developers have drawn a lot of inspiration from PT, especially towards the end of what's only a three-to-four-hour game. It's pulled off less deftly than in PT, and it's a bit overcooked at times, but it does the job.

All in all, it's a game of the ilk I'm expecting to see more of on Game Pass moving forward - brief and worth a go, but never likely to be an all-time classic.

• Like 1

New to gamepass this month!

Xbox:

• Gears 5
  • Dead Cells
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Edition: 2 & 3
  • Creature in the Well
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Gonner Blüeberry Edition

PC:

• Gears 5
  • Dead Cells