The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

1 minute ago, Kaney said:

I've got no clue what the fuck I'm supposed to do or how to do it.

See, that was my initial reaction - we were given a cage and told to get a chicken. There were no chickens on the island so eventually we got onto our boat, saw a Chicken Island (or something else really obvious) and had to go there, figure out how to catch one and then bring it back. That part was fun - but way more fun when, yeah - you have people to work it out and collaborate with.

On 15/06/2019 at 16:56, apsham said:

See, that was my initial reaction - we were given a cage and told to get a chicken. There were no chickens on the island so eventually we got onto our boat, saw a Chicken Island (or something else really obvious) and had to go there, figure out how to catch one and then bring it back. That part was fun - but way more fun when, yeah - you have people to work it out and collaborate with.

I agree. Got some time with Maxx on it today, and it was a good laugh.

We worked out a decent system with Maxx steering and me navigating. We tried and failed to kill some pigs and got blown up a few times by bloody skeletons with gunpowder barrels. We also found 3 or maybe 4 different chests including one that made me incredibly drunk when I was carrying it. Maxx ate some bad food and puked over one of the chests. We picked up some messages in bottles and figured out how to find the places on the map, so we went to some island that had 3 skeleton pirate miniboss things on it. Took us a lot of respawns but we finally managed to kill them, and stowed their skulls on board.

And then some dickhead attacked our ship, killed us as we ran about trying to plug holes in the hull, and stole. All. Our. Shit.

We also had a close run in with a megalodon that I annoyed by hitting it with a cannonball before it took a bite out of Maxx.

I can see how it could be a right good fun game but you really need to have some friends along with you. Ellis is going to be our third, someone complete our crew and we can fuck around for a while.

19 hours ago, Kaney said:

I agree. Got some time with Maxx on it today, and it was a good laugh.

We worked out a decent system with Maxx steering and me navigating. We tried and failed to kill some pigs and got blown up a few times by bloody skeletons with gunpowder barrels. We also found 3 or maybe 4 different chests including one that made me incredibly drunk when I was carrying it. Maxx ate some bad food and puked over one of the chests. We picked up some messages in bottles and figured out how to find the places on the map, so we went to some island that had 3 skeleton pirate miniboss things on it. Took us a lot of respawns but we finally managed to kill them, and stowed their skulls on board.

And then some dickhead attacked our ship, killed us as we ran about trying to plug holes in the hull, and stole. All. Our. Shit.

We also had a close run in with a megalodon that I annoyed by hitting it with a cannonball before it took a bite out of Maxx.

I can see how it could be a right good fun game but you really need to have some friends along with you. Ellis is going to be our third, someone complete our crew and we can fuck around for a while.

Definitely a more fun with friends game, with an EWB crew it should be a good time.

Void Bastards is pretty interesting, I absolutely love the art style.  

Something the Gamepass on PC (and probably console) needs is a way to create a playlist or something. Like, I want a list of RPGs I want to play but may not be in the mood for, or something quick I can play while killing time. 

There is a phone app for the game pass to download that let's you create a playlist, search by genre etc but not sure how useful it is. I added a bunch of games to my 'queue', clicked to download to my console but I still had to manually look for it on my xbox. It might be decent if you just want a quick easy look at what's available.

40 minutes ago, Kaney said:

There is a phone app for the game pass to download that let's you create a playlist, search by genre etc but not sure how useful it is. I added a bunch of games to my 'queue', clicked to download to my console but I still had to manually look for it on my xbox. It might be decent if you just want a quick easy look at what's available.

I noticed that, but it only had the Xbox version, not PC. Not that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Just to make sure I understand this before I do it, my live is good until 30th January 2020. No existing game pass sub, never used it.

For maximum benefit, I should tack on more Gold time and then I can pay the £1 and that will turn all my Gold subscription time into this ultimate game pass?

I've heard it only counts for like 36 months, so if I buy another 3 years of Gold would I have 36 of ultimate and 6 of gold or does it not allow you to go over 36 in the first place?

1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

Just to make sure I understand this before I do it, my live is good until 30th January 2020. No existing game pass sub, never used it.

For maximum benefit, I should tack on more Gold time and then I can pay the £1 and that will turn all my Gold subscription time into this ultimate game pass?

I've heard it only counts for like 36 months, so if I buy another 3 years of Gold would I have 36 of ultimate and 6 of gold or does it not allow you to go over 36 in the first place?

It's going to be;

Remaining Gold + Remaining GamePass + 1 month = Ultimate Gamepass time - and yeah, only up to 36 months. Anything past that is ignored.

1 minute ago, King Ellis said:

So do I need at least 1 month of game pass for it work?

The 1 month game pass is the $1 one. It just converts your whole subscription.

For me, I had no gold, and 3 months of game pass expiring in July. I bought a year of gold and then the $1 Ultimate, and now I have Ultimate until September 2020.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

So do I need at least 1 month of game pass for it work?

No, that's just how the math is done.

So for instance, I had 1 month of Gold and 1 month of Game Pass left so when I bought the Ultimate deal at $1 -  I got:

1 month of Gold + 1 month of Gamepass + $1 dollar deal = 3 months of Ultimate Gamepass

You can still do like:

24 months of Gold + 0 months of Gamepass + $1 dolalr deal = 25 months of Ultimate Gamepass

• Thanks 1

I had no gamepass as it expired, and renewed my gold in May.  Bought the Ultimate thing for $1, now I have a year of gamepass.

The animation and the feel of the impact in Battlechasers: Nightwar is AWESOME. I'm just a bit into it... but it's a turn based RPG with a pretty cool setting. I suggest checking it out! It's on the Xbox Gamepass PC.

(Should I just start a separate thread for the Xbox PC stuff?)