The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is 1.99 right now and it adds up any remaining time that you have with Game Pass and Gold to extend you out that number of months which is pretty cool.

A huge list of games leaked for Game Pass as well, and while it's probably not everything that's going up - it's pretty impressive so far. I'm downloading most of them now. Some of the known ones right now include:

• Astroneer
  • Battle Chasers
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Everspace
  • Guacamelee 2
  • Hollow Knight: Voidheart
  • Lichtspeer
  • Metal Slug
  • Momodora
  • Moonlighter
  • Neon Chrome
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Riverbond
  • Shadow Tactics
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Silence
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Supermarket shriek
  • Wizard of Legend

2 hours ago, apsham said:

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is 1.99 right now and it adds up any remaining time that you have with Game Pass and Gold to extend you out that number of months which is pretty cool.

A huge list of games leaked for Game Pass as well, and while it's probably not everything that's going up - it's pretty impressive so far. I'm downloading most of them now. Some of the known ones right now include:

• Astroneer
  • Battle Chasers
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Everspace
  • Guacamelee 2
  • Hollow Knight: Voidheart
  • Lichtspeer
  • Metal Slug
  • Momodora
  • Moonlighter
  • Neon Chrome
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Riverbond
  • Shadow Tactics
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Silence
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Supermarket shriek
  • Wizard of Legend

Holy shit, Hollow Knight is on there?! Are those live now?

What happens if people have several months of Gold stacked up and only one month of Game Pass? Do they add up fully? If so, that's quite amazing.

Also, Supermarket Shriek is a game I never knew I wanted. It's just a shame that Dale Winton isn't in it.

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

What happens if people have several months of Gold stacked up and only one month of Game Pass? Do they add up fully? If so, that's quite amazing.

Also, Supermarket Shriek is a game I never knew I wanted. It's just a shame that Dale Winton isn't in it.

From what I understand, it's literally number of months of Gold + number of months of Game Pass. I was set to run out of both of them in July - when I paid the 1.99 for Game Pass Ultimate it was shown to still run out in July - but when I changed it away from auto-renewal it updated to the deal and now I had that one month in July plus the 1 month each in Game Pass and Gold that I had left - and I'm good until September.

• Like 1

When I get home, I'm going to re-up my gold (expiring this month) THEN get this deal, so I can have that sweet, sweet Game Pass for a year. And it's the Ultimate, so that includes the PC game pass too! 

7 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Microsoft really is the most consumer-friendly of the three main console manufacturers at the moment. I'm really looking forward to today's E3 conference.

They really are. Especially with that special controller they released not too long ago for those with disabilities.

So... what's everyone playing with their Ultimate Game Pass?

I am currently playing Operencia. The 'play anywhere' feature is so cool... I was far too impressed that I was able to play my save from the console on my PC. As for the game itself... a sarcastic dungeon crawler. It's scratching (sorta) the D&D itch that I have. Finding the secret rooms and solving the puzzles give a great 'ah-ha!' moment. 

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

I am currently playing Operencia. The 'play anywhere' feature is so cool... I was far too impressed that I was able to play my save from the console on my PC. As for the game itself... a sarcastic dungeon crawler. It's scratching (sorta) the D&D itch that I have. Finding the secret rooms and solving the puzzles give a great 'ah-ha!' moment. 

I started downloading Fallout 4 again. I had it when it launched, and put a load of hours into it, but I got to a point where it glitched and I couldn't advance, so I traded it in. It's been awhile now, so I am excited to start a fresh game and dive back in.

And in August... Blair Witch, baby. Aww yeah.

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

Haven't started it yet, but Void Bastards

44 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I've been interested in Sea of Thieves for a while so I'll probably start with that.

ahoy, I'll download it if I have space.

• Like 1

Fired up the ol 360 yesterday while the daughter napped and wife was playing on the PC - finally started playing Operation Darkness after buying it last year at a Gamestop

2 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Fired up the ol 360 yesterday while the daughter napped and wife was playing on the PC - finally started playing Operation Darkness after buying it last year at a Gamestop

That's the WW2 game with werewolves right? I bought it ages ago... It's not good, but I enjoyed it. Really difficult

4 minutes ago, Ruki said:

That's the WW2 game with werewolves right? I bought it ages ago... It's not good, but I enjoyed it. Really difficult

Yessir - it really could use a couple of things like a mini-map and a better free range camera. 

What didnt you like about it?

I just went into Forza Horizon 4 for the first time in a couple of months for the LEGO expansion and found out all my mastery points had been wiped. I got them back, all 4,439, but I have to spend them all again to get at least under 999 before I start earning any more.

This will take a while.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Yessir - it really could use a couple of things like a mini-map and a better free range camera. 

What didnt you like about it?

Honestly I can't remember. It's been like 10 years since I've played.