The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

The Rainbow Six:siege beta has been extended until October 4th, and I have a couple of spare codes if anyone would like one? Although they are currently useless since Xbox live is down.

• Like 1

I am still sad you went to the dark side Regia. :(

i just continued on the path I was already on.

If you can do Terrorist Hunt in the beta then I would like one, please.

yes you can, I'll PM one your way now.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the Lunar White Xbox One Controller, as one of the shoulder buttons on my old controller had started to become less responsive.  Gamestop was offering $35 in credit if you traded an old controller towards the Lunar White, so that was slightly more than half the price knocked off right there.  Really liking it, the shoulders are sooo much more crisp and responsive, and its got a nice rubber grip on the back of the handles.

I was surprised by that too. To their (partial) credit, they've only really been touting the Xbox One version at conferences and in the media, but I still would have thought that pushing it forward as an Xbox One exclusive would be a better strategy, especially with Sony's lack of exclusives towards the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an Xbox One, Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 and played through all of the Halo games for the first time this past two weeks.

They're pretty fun single player games! Fun story. Not sure I can stand the multiplayer. It's crazy that a longer time to die/kill results in MORE kill trading than the super quick deaths in something like CoD.

Halo 5 plays really god damn well, though. Maybe I only appreciate it so much because of going from each game in quick succession, but it feels real good to shoot things with the guns. Aim assist is ridiculous though, at times it seemed to just pull my crosshair across the screen, I'd suggest turning that off.